Christopher E. Adams
Top rated schools & education attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaKrevolin & Horst, LLC
Practice Areas: Schools & education, Business litigation, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2008
Education: Emory University School of Law
Krevolin & Horst, LLCOne Atlantic Center, Suite 3250
1201 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309 Visit website
Chris Adams focuses his practice on education law, commercial litigation, and appeals. Chris has represented more than a dozen charter schools in Georgia on topics including authorization, funding, governance, personnel, enrollment, discipline, and contract negotiations. Chris also handles complex litigation and appeals involving constitutional law, business torts, contracts, trade secrets, and False Claims Act cases.
Chris's work on behalf of charter schools has included:
Helping a charter school to negotiate substantial additional funding from its local district;
Representing education service providers and charter schools in negotiations surrounding management agreements, leases, and other contracts;
Helping multiple schools through the authoritzation and renewal processes;
Working with multiple charter schools on enrollment and socioeconomic diversity initiatives;
Working with charter schools and other stakeholders to help pass a 2015 law that allows charter schools to use "weighted lotteries" to increase access for educationally disadvantaged students.
Chris also works with undergraduate and graduate students and faculty in disciplinary hearings at colleges and universities. Chris is an expert on socioeconomic diversity. He has written, presented at conferences, and testified before the Georgia legislature regarding this issue. As a former teacher with Teach for America, Chris serves on charter school interview panels for the Atlanta Public Schools and the Walton Grant Review Committee, and is a guest lecturer on charter schools at Emory University School of Law.
After graduating from Emory University School of Law, Order of the Coif, Chris clerked for the Honorable Julia Smith Gibbons of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and was a litigation associate at a firm in Washington DC.
Chris serves on the Walton Family Foundation Charter School Grant Review Committee and reviews charter school applications for the Atlanta Public Schools Office of Innovation. He is also a member of Young Professionals for Education Equity, the Atlanta Bar Association, and the Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers.
Practice areasSchools & education, Business litigation, Appellate
Education, Schools, Appeals
- 50% Schools & education
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Appellate
First Admitted: 2008, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.khlawfirm.com/attorneys/christopher-e-adams/
- Negotiated settlement with school district resulting in substantially increased funding for charter school.
- Negotiated charter school management agreements with education management organizations (EMOs).
- Woodruff Scholar, Order of the Coif, Emory University School of Law
- Georgia Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2013
- Member, Walton Family Foundation Grant Review Committee
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Young Professionals for Education Equity
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Atlanta Council of Younger Lawyers
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, B.A., Political Science & Environmental Studies, 2000
- Grant Reviewer, Walton Family Foundation Charter School Grant Review Committee, 2011-present
- Teacher, Teach for America, 2002-2004
- This article evaluates compliance issues the United States potentially faces in ratifying the education provisions of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC). , Co-Author, Compliance Issues Raised by the United States' Ratification and Implementation of the Education Articles of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, Journal of Child Welfare, Education, 2010
- This article focuses on the problem that describes a common challenge faced by elementary students and parents at predominantly low-income urban public schools in the U.S. , Author, Is Economic Integration the Fourth Wave in School Finance Litigation?, Emory Law Journal, Education, 2007
- Presenter, Socioeconomic Integration and Weighted Lotteries, Georgia Charter Schools Association Conference, 2016
- Presenter, •Weighted Lotteries – Taking the Next Step, ASPCA, 2015
- Articles Editor, Emory Law Review
- Supreme Court ruled in favor of K&H clients that insolvency pool did not have standing to challenge statute providing coverage for certain workers' compensation claims. Georgia Insurers Insolvency Pool v. Hulsey Environmental Servs., Inc. 293 Ga. 504 (2013), 2013
- Pearson v. TPA Acquisition Co. et al., Case No. 10C-01389-22, Outcome: Won, 2012
- Georgia Insurers Insolvency Pool v. Hulsey Environmental Services, Inc. et al. (Ga. Ct. App. 2012), Outcome: Won, 2012
Office location for Christopher E. Adams
One Atlantic Center, Suite 3250
1201 West Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2017
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“In addition to business litigation, Chris handles a substantial amount of education law matters.”
“Chris is ahead of the curve in every respect. A bright and capable young attorney.”