Curtis A. Thurston, Jr.
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThurston Law Offices
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Professional liability; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 1978
Education: Samford University Cumberland School of Law
Thurston Law Offices434 Marietta Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30313 Visit website
At Thurston Law Offices, Curtis A. Thurston, Jr., represents clients in dental malpractice and wrongful death cases. He has vast experience in the area of dental malpractice and has reviewed/been retained in over 5,000 dental cases over more that a 35 year time span. He has been retained as co-counsel in cases throughout the United States and has tried cases in a number of states. Those who live in the state of Georgia and the Southeast come to him when they have been injured by the negligent or careless actions of dentist and oral surgeons.. With more than 40 years of experience, he has a broad network of experts and co-counsel throughout the country from which to draw on in representing injured clients.
Mr. Thurston attended Oglethorpe University, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and was on the dean’s List. Moving on to law school, he graduated in 1978 from the Samford University Cumberland School of Law with his Juris Doctor. While in law school, he was on the dean’s list and attended on an academic scholarship. He was also a member and editor of the Cumberland Law Review for two years.
Admitted to practice in the state of Georgia, Mr. Thurston is also admitted to practice before several federal courts. These include the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal District, the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit and Federal Circuit.
He is an active member of a long list of professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice, the Lawyers Club of Atlanta, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the Atlanta Bar Association. As a member of the American Bar Association, Mr. Thurston was involved with the Litigation Section, and within the State Bar of Georgia, he has been an appointee for the Fee Arbitration Panel for the Atlanta Judicial Circuit.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Professional malpractice - other
- 80% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1978, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://lawyers.findlaw.com/profile/view/2784305_1
- 1975-Oglethorpe University, Atlanta, Georgia, BA Degree, With Honors, 1978-Cumberland Law School, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama, With Honors, Dean's List, Law Review Member and Editor
- Georgia State Courts- All superior and State Courts Statewide; Georgia Supreme Courts; Georgia Court of Appeals
- Federal Courts of Appeals- Federal (Washington, D.C.)
- Federal Courts of Appeals- 5th Circuit (New Orleans)
- Federal Courts of Appeals- 11th Circuit (Atlanta)
- Federal District Courts- Southern District of Georgia
- Federal District Courts- Middle District of Georgia
- Federal District Courts- Northern District of Georgia
- Curtis Thurston is also an accomplished pilot, with thousands of hours logged. When he is not flying his aircraft on business, he volunteers his time, services, and the use of his aircraft to Angel Flight, an organization that provides flights to patients and their families to and from medical treatment appointments throughout the Southeast. Mr. Thurston makes a particular effort to provide such flights to children in need of such service.
- Nerve Injury - $375,000, 2022
- Nerve Injury - $650,000, 2022
- Oral Cancer $1.35 million, 2022
- Dental Nerve Injury $170,000, 2020
- Dental Nerve Injury - $250,000, 2020
- Dental Nerve Injury - $1.35 million , 2019
- Dental Nerve Injury - $450,000, 2019
- General Anesthesia - $2.35 million, 2018
- Dental Infection - $185,000, 2019
- Dental Infection - $675,000, 2019
- Dental Nerve Injury, 2019
- Dental Infection - $175,000, 2018
Office location for Curtis A. Thurston, Jr.
434 Marietta Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30313
- Super Lawyers: 2012, 2022 - 2023
Additional sources of information about Curtis A. Thurston, Jr.
See legal Q & A provided by Curtis A. Thurston, Jr.
Q: Can I sue if I am numb after dental work in Georgia?A: The short answer: Any continuing numbness after a dental procedure may be a sign of nerve damage and may be a case . If we can find evidence that … See all answers by Curtis Thurston, Jr.