Daniel D. Munster
Top rated Elder Law attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThe Eldercare & Special Needs Law Practice of Daniel D. Munster
Admitted to practice law in Georgia since 1994, Daniel D. Munster has invested more than twenty-five years assisting Georgians with various Eldercare, Special Needs, and traditional Estate Planning matters. While his main office is located in Atlanta, Georgia, the firm provides representation to clients across the state without regard to geographic location. When distance presents a challenge, meeting at a satellite office or perhaps even via video conference is possible.
The opportunity to care for an aging or disabled loved one can be an incredible blessing, yet can also present a minefield fraught with pitfalls for those lacking a comprehensive estate / long-term care plan consisting of the ideal asset structure and legal documents (Wills, Trusts, General Powers of Attorney and/or Medical Directives). Whether the client is adapting their estate in crisis mode because nursing home care is needed in real time or implementing a plan preemptively, Mr. Munster’s goal is always to provide effective and easily understood advice leading to the client’s objective. While the firm offers assistance with traditional estate planning matters, many of Mr. Munster's cases involve long-term care planning and asset protection via nursing home Medicaid and/or VA long-term care benefits.
Mr. Munster's ethical and compassionate approach to the practice of Eldercare, Special Needs, and Estate Planning law has earned a great deal of favorable recognition within the legal community. For example, Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Mr. Munster its highest peer review rating (AV Preeminent) every year since 2005. He was selected by his peers for inclusion in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for his work in the categories of both Elder Law and Trusts & Estates. Similarly, Georgia Trend Magazine has recognized Mr. Munster in its annual Legal Elite edition in the category of Elder Law. Finally, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers ranked Mr. Munster’s law firm among Georgia’s “Tier 1 - Best Law Firms” in the recently released 10th Edition of their prestigious annual rankings.
Mr. Munster regularly delivers presentations to attorneys and organizations on topics related to his practice and his writings have appeared in various publications including the Georgia Bar Journal. A passionate advocate for the elderly, Dan was named to serve on the Georgia Alzheimer’s and Related Dementias State Plan Task Force in 2013. Dan is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Atlanta Estate Planning Council, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Practice areasElder Law, Estate Planning & Probate, Health Care, Military/Veterans Law
Estate Planning, Nursing Home, Trusts, Veteran's Benefits
- 70% Elder Law
- 10% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Health Care
- 10% Military/Veterans Law
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.georgiaelderlaw.net/attorney-profile/
- Recognized among Georgia’s Legal Elite in the category of Elder Law by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Recognized among Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers in the category of Elder Law by www.LAW.com
- Awarded highest the possible rating of 10.0 Superb by www.AVVO.com
- Selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer in the category of Elder Law, 2018
- Martindale Hubbell peer review rating of AV PREEMINENT 5.0.
- Vanderbilt University, Bachelor of Arts, 1990
- Member, University of Detroit Law Review.
- Atlanta Hospital News and Lifestyle Transitions Magazine
- Elder Law Today
- Georgia Bar Journal
- A Will Is Not Enough In Georgia
- Atlanta Estate Planning Council, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Georgia, 1994
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
Office location for Daniel D. Munster
5855 Sandy Springs Circle
Atlanta, GA 30328
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024