Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Free Consultation
David Cheng is the owner of the law firm of Cheng Law, Inc., in Atlanta, Georgia. He established his private practice with the vision of providing compassionate and effective legal counsel to individuals and families in his community. In addition to his client-first mindset, he always considers his clients’ needs and costs. He has secured many favorable verdicts and settlements on behalf of them.
Fluent in English and Cantonese, Mr. Cheng concentrates his practice on a wide variety of sophisticated matters, including real estate, business litigation, criminal defense, Social Security appeals, commercial and corporate litigation, immigration law, intellectual property, personal injury and other transactional matters. He became licensed to practice in all the state courts of Georgia in 2013.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts degree in criminal justice from the University of Illinois Chicago, Mr. Cheng earned his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law (now Mercer University School of Law) in 2012. He also holds a master’s degree in the field of management from Harvard University. As an outshining student, he was the vice president of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association and the community service director of the Black Law Students Association.
A native of Chicago, Illinois, Mr. Cheng served the United States Department of Homeland Security in the greater Chicago area for nearly two years. While there, he gained considerable experience helping federal adjudicators inspect security clearance applications from federal contractors.
Mr. Cheng is an active member of the Atlanta Bar Association, the Gate City Bar Association, the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association, the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Stonewall Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
An eloquent speaker and writer, Mr. Cheng has written extensively about racial discrimination, race relations in the U.S. and children affected by intense religious indoctrination. He has authored many articles for prominent publications and also presents at seminars and conferences on the entire range of his practice.
Mr. Cheng also devotes time to helping clients on a pro bono basis. He was named Pro Bono All Star by the State Bar of Georgia for helping make justice more available to underprivileged groups.
- 20%Immigration: Consumer
- 30%Real Estate: Consumer
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Criminal Defense
- 10%Immigration: Business
Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Americans with Disabilities Act, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Discrimination, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2022
About David Cheng
First Admitted: 2013, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.considerdavidcheng.com/about-us.html
- The Court, Jury Discretion, and the Death Penalty: What Is a Black Life Worth? 6 SRBLSA L.J. 109-60 (2012)
- Wisconsin v. Yoder: Respecting Children's Rights and Why Yoder Would Soon Be Overturned, 4 Charlotte L. Rev. 45 (2013)).
- Attorney David Cheng named pro bono all-star by Georgia Bar Journal, Pro Bono All Star, Georgia Bar Journal, 2019
- $2.6 Million Win in Business Fraud Case, 2019
- Stayed in the USA in Deportation Case, 2017
- Sealed Client Criminal Record Court Approved, 2018
- Obtained US Citizenship for Indonesian Child With Mental Disability, 2020
- Obtained IR1 Spousal Visa for Colombian National Client, 2021
- Escobar, Inc., 2020
- Dr. Kalpesh Thakkar, 2017
- Ex-Police Officer in His Individual Capacity, 2018
- Hosea Williams Bail Bonds, Inc., 2019
- Deestroying, 2021
- Mr. Cheng graduated from Harvard University with an ALM in Management Studies, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Spoke at Emory University School of Law in annual Professionalism in Law seminar with first year law students., 2021
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church
- Served on State Bar of Georgia committee advancing attorney mental health., 2017
- Assembled a library for students at Thomasville Heights Elementary School., 2018
- Assisted the Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association and 100 lawful permanent residents in their US Citizenship applications., 2019
- Appointed pro bono counsel by federal judge for the defendant in Hardaway v. Hamilton; Case No. 1:14-CV-0542-CAP, 2020
- $148,500.00 Real Estate Transaction Closed, 2021
- $146,000.00 Real Estate Transaction Closed, 2021
- $156,622.00 Real Estate Transaction Closed, 2021
- $268,335.00 Real Estate Transaction Closed, 2021
- $232,235.00 Real Estate Transaction Closed, 2021
- Business Owners
- Criminal Defendants
Last Updated: 5/15/2022