David L. Turner
Top rated personal injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaSchulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP
Attorney David L. Turner is a partner at Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, in Atlanta, Georgia. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, insurance law, personal injury and professional malpractice.
Mr. Turner has been licensed to practice law in Georgia since 1988. As a seasoned litigator, he has helped hundreds of clients obtain favorable outcomes in business litigation, professional malpractice and personal injury claims. His cases have involved business disputes, automobile accidents, medical malpractice, premises liability, wrongful death and more.
Mr. Turner earned a bachelor’s degree in government from Wesleyan University and attained his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, graduating cum laude.
Because of his accomplishments throughout his career, Mr. Turner is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been listed among the “Georgia Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend magazine for multiple years.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Turner stays active in his legal community through membership in professional organizations and other activities. He is an active member of the Atlanta Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, General litigation, Health care, Professional liability: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Premises liability - plaintiff, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Litigation, Nursing home, Health & health care law, Legal malpractice, Professional malpractice - other
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 30% Business litigation
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Health care
- 10% Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://swtwlaw.com/david-turner
- Member Georgia Bar Association, Atlanta Bar Association.
- Georgia, 1988
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2012-2014
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2008 – 2017
- Rated 9.8, Avvo
- Wesleyan University, B.A., Government and International Affairs, 1983
- Presentation: Prosecuting Professional Liability Claims, Speaker, In-house Counsel CLE Seminar, 2013
- A legal malpractice arbitration recovery of $890,000. , 2021
- $1.75 million settlement of wrongful death claim arising out of motor vehicle collision , 2018
- Confidential settlement of claim against Georgia official arising out of high-speed motor vehicle collision where client was struck by police vehicle in pursuit of suspect., 2019
- Settlement of wrongful death case arising out of collision caused by criminal suspect fleeing police for policy limits of $500,000. , 2020
- Confidential settlement of claim against motorist where client sustained complex broken arm injury requiring multiple surgeries with delayed healing. , 2019
- Successful prosecution of claim to cancel invalid deed to secure debt, 2018
- Multiple settlements for clients injured in motor vehicle collisions, 2018
- Confidential settlement of medical malpractice case for failure to diagnose lung cancer, 2017
- Confidential settlement of wrongful death action for medical malpractice, 2017
- Defense of attempted termination of franchise vehicle dealership by manufacturer, 2017
- Multiple settlements for clients injured in motor vehicle collisions and for premises liability, 2016
- $4.1 million medical malpractice verdict, $3.85 million FDIC settlement of claims against bank directors and officers, 2015
- $1.55 million FDIC settlement of claims against bank directors and officers, 2014
- $1.65 million FDIC settlement of claims against bank directors and officers, 2013
- $1.9 million FDIC settlement against debtor claiming insolvency, $450,000 legal malpractice settlement, 2012
- $1 million settlement of dram shop claim for injuries caused by drunk driver, $500,000 medical malpractice settlement, 2011
- $900,000 FDIC settlement of claims against bank directors and officers, 2010
- $900,000 medical malpractice settlement, $825,000 wrongful death settlement, $500,000 appraiser malpractice settlement, 2009
- $600,000 medical malpractice verdict, 2008
- Favorable settlement in auto dealer arbitration against Southeast Toyota, 2007
- Auto Dealerships
Office location for David L. Turner
260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Super Lawyers: 2005, 2008 - 2023