Eric L. Weiss
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Eric L. Weiss is an attorney and partner at Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Weiss practices transactional law, focusing on commercial real estate and representing clients throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area and the state of Georgia.
Mr. Weiss serves a diverse range of clients in his real estate practice, including developers, landlords, owners and tenants. He has experience drafting and negotiating many types of agreements including construction, development, easement, lease, ground, loan and sale agreements.
In addition, Mr. Weiss advises his clients on planning, restructuring and tax matters, and he also handles cases involving mergers and acquisitions, helping clients achieve their commercial real estate goals.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Maryland, Mr. Weiss graduated from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law. He is admitted to practice in Georgia and Florida. Before joining Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, he practiced at a private Atlanta firm.
As a complement to his law practice, Mr. Weiss has served on panels focused on real estate topics for Capre’s Southeast Apartment Summit. He has received numerous awards for his accomplishments, such as being included on Georgia Trend magazine’s “legal elite” list.
Mr. Weiss is an active member of his legal community. He sits on the board of directors for the Atlanta Bar Association, is chair of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta’s young adult philanthropy group and is a member of the real estate-related organizations the Atlanta Apartment Association, the Real Estate Group of Atlanta and the Urban Land Institute.
- 70%Real Estate: Business
Condominiums & Cooperatives, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Short Sale, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2012, 2015 - 2023
About Eric L. Weiss
First Admitted: 1997, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.swtlaw.com/eric-l-weiss
Pro bono/Community Service
- American Israel Chamber of Commerce
- Atlanta Apartment Association
- Urban Land Institute
- Real Estate Group of Atlanta
- Atlanta Jewish Federation, Young Adult Philanthropy, Chair
- Panelist, Middle-Market, Private Capital and Analysis of the Rapidly-Growing and Highly-Active Investor Class, 2nd Annual Southeast Apartment Summit, November 2016
- Panel Moderator, Greater Atlanta & Southeast Multifamily 360: Is Growth Sustainable in the Region's For-Rent Apartment Market?, The Southeast Apartment Summit, December 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2009-2012
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2012-2014
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2015-2017
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- University of Maryland, B.A., Major: Business, 1992
- Georgia, 1998
- Atlanta Bar Association, Real Estate Section, Board of Directors, Member at Large
- Florida, 1997
- We are pleased to announce that 9 of our attorneys have made the Super Lawyers or Rising Stars lists, and we would… https://t.co/TUlWz7yeH1
- https://t.co/xGHffYrdxR https://t.co/xGHffYrdxR
- Dean Fuchs is serving as a panelist at tomorrow's CLE held jointly by the Atlanta Council of Younger Attorneys and… https://t.co/GPeIkaiqco
- https://t.co/jt48egrpIu https://t.co/gMo6tW6hVH
- Andrea Pawlak recently provided testimony to committees of the Georgia House of Representatives and Senate... https://t.co/kM8kmPH54N
Last Updated: 8/30/2022