Erin Shane Stone
Top rated Family Law attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaBovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC
Erin Shane Stone is an attorney and partner at the law firm of Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Ms. Stone focuses her practice on family law litigation and mediation, serving clients in Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia. She handles matters involving divorce, alimony, child custody, child support and property division.
Ms. Stone has over 25 years of experience. Prior to devoting her practice exclusively to family law, she practiced general civil litigation, handling business law, construction, contract and personal injury cases. Over the course of her career, she has litigated many complex matters in all these areas of law. Additionally, she is trained in mediation, which allows her to assist clients who desire a less adversarial approach to their family law issue.
Recognized for her success in family law and her contributions to the legal profession, Ms. Stone was included on Georgia Trend Magazine’s “legal elite” list in 2013. She is active in professional organizations, including the DeKalb Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the American Bar Association and the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers.
Ms. Stone graduated with honors from The University of Texas at Austin with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics. She earned her law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law. She holds licenses to practice law before all Georgia state and superior courts, the Court of Appeals in Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.boviskyle.com/attorneys/erin-s-stone/
- During 2015, Erin was interviewed in a series of segments about her law practice and women entrepreneurs by Women's Radio Network. Erin was interviewed for a segment on Financial Advice for Troubled Marriages for Good Day Atlanta, July 8, 2008 (MyFOX Atlanta). Erin participated in several segments on family law by Medical Mamas. The segments were released as web broadcasts in September and November of 2009.
- Georgia Trend’s Legal Elite, 2013
- Top 50 Women for Georgia Super Lawyers, 2013 and 2014
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2009-2014
- General Civil Mediation Training 2006, AVLF Guardian Ad Litem Training 2009, Domestic Relations Mediation Training 2010
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1998
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1997
- Georgia Supreme Court, 1998
- Georgia State and Superior Court, 1994
- Member State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section; Member Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section; Member Dekalb Bar Association; Board Member of Dunwoody Bar Association; American Bar Association; Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, 2018
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S. in Mathematics, with honors, 1991
- Riverwood High School
- Atlanta Bar Association
- DeKalb Bar Association
- Dunwoody Bar Association
Office location for Erin Shane Stone
200 Ashford Center North
Atlanta, GA 30338