Top Rated Tax Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Ethan Vernon is an associate attorney at Asbury Law Firm in Decatur, Georgia, where he focuses his practice on tax litigation, handling issues involving business tax planning, corporate organization, criminal tax defense matters, and federal and state tax controversies. He represents clients in Georgia and throughout the country.
Mr. Vernon earned a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Georgia in 2012. He went on to graduate magna cum laude from Georgia State University College of Law in 2017, earning a Master of Taxation degree from Georgia State University that same year.
During law school, Mr. Vernon gained experience by participating in the Philip C. Cook Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic and working as a research assistant for the Inter-University Consortium on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution. Following law school graduation, he worked as a tax consultant at a major accounting firm, counseling clients on business-related tax issues involving corporate reorganization, dispositions, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Vernon holds licenses to practice law before all Georgia state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle districts of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia and the U.S. Tax Court. He is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association Tax Law Section, the State Bar of Georgia Taxation Law Section and the Section of Taxation, and Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association.
In his time as a practicing tax attorney, Mr. Vernon has received recognition for his accomplishments and dedication to his clients. He is featured in the 2021 edition of “The Best Lawyers in America” in tax law.
About Ethan Vernon
First Admitted: 2017, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://asburylawfirm.com/team/
- DOL Updates Overtime Exemption Rules, Current Accounts, The Georgia Society of CPAs, Jan/Feb 2020
- While You Were Away: Tax Updates from the 2019 Filing Season, Current Accounts, The Georgia Society of CPAs, May/June 2019
- Tax Law Section, Atlanta Bar Association
- Young Lawyer’s Division, American Bar Association
- Taxation Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Section of Taxation, American Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U. S. Tax Court
- Georgia State University, MTX, 2017
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., Finance, 2012
- Thank you to all the families and their loved ones who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. #MemorialDay2021
- Privilege log review and #listeningto Jenny Lewis, Voyager. Warner Bros. 2014. #vinyl #nowspinning
- Today is the first time in over a decade that my wife has not run Atlanta’s Thanksgiving Day half-marathon. We took… https://t.co/5hnyfX3PV8
- #listeningto Van Halen, Atomic Punks (Live at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium Dec. 20, 1977) Maniac Guitar Records (unofficial) 1982. #RIPEVH
- Office housekeeping and #listeningto Blues Jam In Chicago Vol. 1, Blue Horizon 1969. For Peter Green. #vinyl #turntableinmyoffice
Last Updated: 5/15/2022