Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaKoenig Law Group, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 1994
Focusing his practice primarily on complex business disputes, George Koenig is the founder of the Koenig Law Group, P.C. He uses his extensive experience in government and private practice to provide knowledgeable representation to clients throughout the state of Georgia from his firm’s offices in Atlanta. Mr. Koenig is admitted to practice in both Georgia and the District of Columbia, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Prior to opening his firm in September 2009, Mr. Koenig was first an attorney with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and after being of counsel to an international law firm based in Atlanta, where he worked on mergers and acquisitions and related securities law cases, he returned to the nation’s capital and was senior counsel to companies affiliated with the late congressman and vice-presidential candidate Jack Kemp. During his tenure there, he advised clients on various business matters, and he continues to do so at his current firm.
Mr. Koenig’s current caseload has encompassed securities litigation, allegations of breaches of contracts, franchise matters, trade secret misappropriation, real estate, insurance coverage, products liability, employment law, whistleblower lawsuits, business torts and unfair trade practices. He also provides advice and counsel to his numerous company clients on regulatory compliance, internal investigations and litigation risk avoidance. Mr. Koenig is a 1985 recipient of a bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University and a graduate of The Catholic University of America’s Columbus School of Law, and he is a vice-chair of the annual Homeland Security Law Institute that is sponsored by the American Bar Association’s Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Business/Corporate
- 60% Business Litigation
- 40% Business/Corporate
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.atlanta-businesslitigation.com/attorney/koenig-g...
- Chairman Emeritus of the Marine Corps Association of Georgia Lawyers
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Vice-Chairman of the ABA's Annual Homeland Security Law Institute
- Vice-chair of the Homeland Security Division of the American Bar Association's (ABA) AdminLaw Section
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- District of Columbia
- Professorial Lecturer in Law at George Washington University Law School teaching a course entitled Homeland Security Law and Policy
- Homeland Security After Hurricane Katrina: Where Do We Go From Here, Natural Resources & Environment, June 6, 2006
- The SAFETY Act: A Vital Tool in the Fight Against Terrorism, Contemporary Legal Notes, November, 2006
- New Federal Rule Dictating Anti-Terrorism Standards for Chemical Facilities, Washington Legal Foundation Contemporary Legal Notes Series, June, 2007
- Homeland Security Information Sharing: Protections for Private Sector Information, Privacy & Data Security Law Journal, September, 2007
- Chemical Security: Recent Regulation and the Impact on the Private Sector, New Jersey Law Journ, Fall, 2007
- Recent Developments in Critical Infrastructure Protection, The Real Estate Finance Journal, Fall, 2007
- Critical Infrastructure Protection and the Private Sector, ABA's "A Legal Guide to Homeland Security and Emergency Management for State and Local Governments", 2010
- Vanderbilt University
Office location for George Koenig
1718 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024