Hannibal F. Heredia
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Having focused mainly on family law cases for decades, Hannibal F. Heredia is an excellent source of support and counsel for people in the Atlanta, Georgia, area. He is a partner at Hedgepeth, Heredia LLC, where his caseload involves matters such as child custody, divorce, adoption and fathers’ rights.
Mr. Heredia has an excellent reputation with clients and throughout the legal community. Fluent in Spanish, he ensures he communicates effectively with people from all walks of life. Dealing with sensitive issues such as property division or prenuptial agreements may be stressful and present a time of uncertainty for clients. Keeping that in mind, Mr. Heredia patiently explains clients’ options and empowers them to make informed decisions about their futures.
This approach is one of many reasons why Mr. Heredia has earned honors such as holding an Avvo “Superb” rating; being listed in Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite; and being named in Atlanta Magazine’s Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia.
In 1989, Mr. Heredia received a Bachelor of Arts from Auburn University. He then attended the Southwestern Law School, graduating cum laude with a Juris Doctor in 1993. While there, he served as editor in chief of the school’s law review.
Mr. Heredia is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association’s Family Law Section and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. Additionally, he is a barrister with The Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law American Inn of Court. He is also very active in his community serving on the board of the Atlanta Bar Foundation, teaching high school Sunday school at his church, and serving as a mentor to future attorneys.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Hannibal F. Heredia
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.hhfamilylaw.com/hannibal-heredia/
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section Executive Committee, Legislative Liason to the Section 2019-2021
- Atlanta Bar Association, Board of Governor, Family Law Section. Chair 2016-2017. Member 2010 - 2017, 2010
- Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law American Inn of Court, Master 2017 - 2022, Barrister 2010 - 2017, 2022
- State Bar of Georgia, High School Mock Trial Program, 1997-present; Regional Coordinator, 2006-2009
- Court of Appeals of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia and the United States District Court
- Barrister, Bleckley Inns of Court, 1998-2000
- Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta
- Atlanta Bar Foundation, 2018 - 2022; Member of Law Jam Committee, Chair 2015-2016, 2022
- Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association, President, 2005-2006
- Atlanta Bar Foundation, board member 2018-2022, 2022
Pro bono/Community Service
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation Family Law Program, Volunteer Attorney and Guardian Ad Litem
- National Volunteer Tax Assistance Program
- All Saints Episcopal church
- Auburn University
- Editor in Chief of the Southwestern University Law Review
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Georgia Legal Elite, Georgia Trend, 2018
- Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia Atlanta Magazine 2017, 2018
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine , 2015
- , Super Lawyer 2014 - 2022 Atlanta Magazine, Atlanta Magazine, 2022
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2016
- Georgia Legal Elite Georgia Trend 2013, 2015 - 2019, Georgia Legal Elite Georgia Trend 2013, 2015 - 2020, Georgia Trend, 2020
- Ever heard a couple say their divorce was "amicable"? Paul Simon discusses it's possible when the parties are coope… https://t.co/pUcinc3cGW
- Partner Jessica Fagan on Gwinnett Business RadioX discussing #divorce #women and #wealth on "Wealth Matters", hoste… https://t.co/CPfaJmC8Nh
- Clock's ticking if you want to deduct #alimony payments on your taxes! https://t.co/KnuRgfxMHM
Last Updated: 5/15/2022