Harry J. Winograd
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaBodker, Ramsey, Andrews, Winograd & Wildstein, P.C.
As a principal attorney at the Atlanta, Georgia, law firm of Bodker, Ramsey, Andrews, Winograd & Wildstein, P.C., Harry J. Winograd has devoted his practice to business litigation with a strong trial focus. In his 35-plus years of experience, he has appeared in courts across 16 states, at the state and federal levels, and at arbitration for cases that involve business disputes, restrictive covenants and noncompetes, cybersecurity and data privacy, and alternative dispute resolution.
With his clients’ best interests in mind, Mr. Winograd strives to craft creative solutions to the most nuanced and challenging business disputes. His approach to handling business issues and matters has resulted in long-term professional relationships with many companies over the years. He is an adjunct professor in the Kessler-Eidson Program for Trial Techniques at the Emory University School of Law.
Mr. Winograd is admitted to the State Bar of Georgia, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia. A noted writer, he has contributed to numerous publications, including for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia and other legal journals.
Mr. Winograd is an active member of various sections of the Atlanta Bar Association, the ESI Roundtable, the Business Council of Georgia, the Fulton County Superior Court and the Million Dollar Trial Lawyers. His accolades and recognitions include his Avvo “Superb” rating and AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest recognition from judges and his peers. Several times, he has been selected for inclusion to Legal Elite – Georgia list by the Georgia Trend Magazine.
Upon completing his Bachelor of Arts at the University of Pittsburgh, Mr. Winograd went on to earn his J.D. from Emory University School of Law. He frequently lectures about data and e-discovery, business divorces, damages in commercial litigation, restrictive covenants and trade secrets in quite a lot of events and seminars.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employer, Employment Litigation: Defense, General Litigation
Arbitration, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Litigation, Mediation, Non-Compete Agreements, Trade Secret
- 40% Business Litigation
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 10% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10% Other
First Admitted: 1983, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.brawwlaw.com/attorney-profiles/harry-j-winograd/
- AV Preeminent – Martindale-Hubbell Judicial Edition (highest rating by the Bar and Judiciary)
- Profiled in The Atlanta Lawyer, 2006
- Georgia Super Lawyer – Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-2022
- “AV Rated,” Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating)
- Legal Elite – Georgia Trend magazine, 2007-2009, 2012, 2013
- “10 Rated,” AVVO(highest possible rating)
- Million Dollar Trial Lawyer
- “Georgia Super Lawyer-Top 5% of Georgia Attorneys,” Super Lawyers magazine, 2004-2018
- Co-Author, Georgia Business Litigation, ALM, 2013 – 2022
- Representative Seminar Topics; Business Divorces, Damages in Commercial Litigation, E-Discovery Amendments to Federal Rules, E-Discovery Information Loss and Privacy, Restrictive Covenants, Trial Techniques
- Supreme Court of Georgia Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism, 1991, 1993
- Author, The New Business Case Division: Fulton County’s Million Dollar Court, The Atlanta Lawyer magazine, 2006
- Author, Practical Guide to Georgia Discovery, ICLE, 1986
- Co-Author, Discovery Under the Georgia Civil Practice Act, ICLE, 1984
- Speaker, Electronically Stored Information, ESI Roundtable Atlanta, 2015
- Panelist, Decade of Discovery, Emory University School of Law
- Panelist, E-Discovery Information Loss and Privacy, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Speaker, Preserving ESI and your Sanity: Best Practices in E-Discovery, ICLE, 2018
- Panelist, Attorney Client Privilege Pitfalls for In-House Counsel, Atlanta Bar Association – Corporate Counsel Section, 2019
- Speaker, LLC and Partnership Disputes, Business Law Institute, 2019
- Speaker, Trade Secret Protection in the Pharmaceutical Industry, The Knowledge Group 2021
- Moderator and Co-Author, Professionalism Plus: Protect IP, Trade Secrets and In-House Counsel Privilege During Litigation, Corporate IP Institute (CIPI) for the Georgia IP Alliance 2021
- Co-Chair, The Atlanta Lawyer Magazine, 2021 – 2022
- Adjunct Professor, Emory University School of Law Kessler-Eidson Trial and Techniques Program
- State Bar of Georgia (Sections on Litigation, Business, Corporate Counsel, Dispute Resolution, E-Discovery)
- Million Dollar Trial Lawyer
- Fulton County Superior Court (Arbitrator)
- ESI Roundtable
- Business Council of Georgia (Representative)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Sections on Litigation, Labor & Employment, Corporate Counsel, International Law, Privacy & Cybersecurity)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court Southern District of Georgia
- United States Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Court Northern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Litigation Section, Member
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A.
Office location for Harry J. Winograd
3490 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30305
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2024