Heather D. Froy
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Free Consultation
Heather D. Froy is a highly regarded workers' compensation attorney at Sadow & Froy. From the firm's office in Atlanta, Georgia, she provides assistance to clients throughout the surrounding region and other parts of the state who have been injured on the job and who are seeking benefits under their employer's insurance coverage. The types of injuries include amputations, carpal tunnel and repetitive use, crush injuries, concussions, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and complex regional pain syndrome. Her representation begins with the preparation and timely submission of the required claim documentation. Ms. Froy also regularly appears before the State Board of Workers' Compensation on behalf of her clients whose claims have been disputed or denied by their employer or its insurance carrier. She is admitted to practice before all Georgia and Florida courts.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Froy attended the University of Georgia, majoring in psychology with minor in political science and received a bachelor's degree with honors in 2000. She then pursued her legal education at the Georgia State University College of Law. While Ms. Froy was in law school, she was a member of its Moot Court Board and participated in several moot court competitions. She was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2004.
After she graduated from law school, Ms. Froy joined an Atlanta area law firm, where she devoted her practice to workers' compensation matters and eventually made partner. She has been with Sadow & Froy, since March 2016. She has been appointed as a member of the State Board of Workers' Compensation Advisory Council previously, and she is a member of several professional associations including the Atlanta Bar, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, WCCL and WILG. Ms. Froy has served as an Ambassador for Turning Point Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Center. In addition, has served on events committees for many years with Kids Chance of Georgia. Ms. Froy also launched a networking group outside the Perimeter in 2021 called OTP Connect bringing businesses together in her area.
Ms. Froy has been honored to receive recognition as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2018 and 2019, Nominee for University of Georgia Top 40 Under 40 in 2018, Avvo Client Choice Award in 2020, 2021 and 2022, Lawyers Club of Atlanta in 2020 and Best Lawyers Ones to Watch in 2021.
About Heather D. Froy
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.sadowworkerscomplaw.com/attorney-profile-froy.htm...
- Attorney Froy represents injured workers across the state of Georgia.
- University of Georgia, Psychology/Minor Political Science, With Honors, 2000
- State Bar of Georgia
- Attorney Froy is licensed to practice law in the State of Florida in addition to Georgia. , 2005
- Closed Head and Cervical Spine Injuries – Settlement of $550,000.28-year-old salesperson struck in head by pole leading to significant cognitive impairments. , 2017
- Judgment awarded reinstating injured workers' weekly income benefits and finding Employee's request for change in physician appropriate. The Administrative Law Judge awarded Ms. Froy over $30,000.00 in assessed attorney's fees for the Employer/Insurer's unreasonable defense of the case. , 2020
- Traumatic Below-the-Knee Amputation – Settlement of $775,000.31 year-old package handler suffered a traumatic amputation as a result of crush injury with a lift. We were able to obtain a settlement nearly 12 times the amount of the injured worker’s prior attorney in only a few short months after taking over the case., 2021
- Foot and Ankle Injury – Settlement of $975,000.0048-year-old customer service agent developed CRPS after rolling her right foot and ankle. Treatment involved hyperbaric oxygen therapy and ongoing pain medications. , 2020
- Awarded the Super Lawyers Rising Star designation. , Superlawyers Rising Star, Superlawyers, 2018
- Awarded Best Law Firm from Best Lawyers Magazine 2016-2022, Best Law Firm, Best Lawyers Magazine, 2022
- Awarded Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch" designation. , Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch", Best Lawyers Magazine, 2021
- Awarded Superlawyers Rising Star designation. , Superlawyers Rising Star, Superlawyers, 2019
- Nominated by the University of Georgia Alumni Association as a "Top 40 Under 40" graduate. , Top 40 Under 40 Nominee, University of Georgia , 2018
- Appointed to State Board of Workers' Compensation Advisory Council.
- Provided claims adjusters with information as to how to work more efficiently with claimant's attorneys in an effort to bring claims to prompt resolution. , Panel Speaker, “Claims Handling Issues from the Injured Worker’s Perspective”, Atlanta Claims Association , Claims Professionals/Workers Compensation, 2021
- Provided an in depth look at post-settlement issues in workers' compensation claims. , Panelist, Issues which Arise After Settlement, ICLE , Workers' Compensation, 2017
- Speaker at CLE presenting appellate case law update to attendees. , Panelist, Recent Appellate Decisions, ICLE , Workers Compensation, 2014
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Avvo Client Choice Award , 2021
- Avvo Client Choice Award, 2022
- Avvo Client Choice Award , 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Serving on the committee for the Kids Chance Auction at ICLE in St. Simons. , 2022
- Raffle Organizer for Relay for Life team in support of the American Cancer Society. , 2022
- Volunteer for Special Olympics. , 2022
- Chairperson of the Kids' Chance Charity Ball
- Ambassador for Turning Point Breast Cancer Rehabilitation Center , 2019
- and all other areas of employment
Last Updated: 6/3/2022