J. S. Scott Busby
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta, GA
J. S. Scott Busby is a personal injury attorney and partner at Busby Negin in Atlanta, Georgia, where he concentrates his practice on personal injury law, working with cases involving motor vehicle accidents, birth injuries, brain injuries, premises liability, wrongful death and other issues. He represents clients in the Atlanta metropolitan area and throughout North Georgia.
Mr. Busby has over 30 years of experience litigating complex personal injury cases and other matters. In addition to personal injury law, he has experience in commercial, employment, estates, insurance and property law.
Honoring his work ethic and legal capability, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Busby an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. Georgia Trend Magazine has included him on its “Legal Elite” list.
Active in various professional organizations, Mr. Busby is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the Atlanta Claims Association, the Society for Human Resource Management and the Southern Loss Association. He has served in many community leadership roles over the years, continuing to sit on the board of Catalyst for Africa and North Metro Church. He has lectured for organizations, including Liberty Mutual Insurance, the Property & Liability Research Bureau and The Salvation Army.
Mr. Busby graduated cum laude from Asbury University with a bachelor’s degree. He received a master’s degree in business administration from Georgia State University and earned his law degree from Emory University School of Law.
Since 1990, Mr. Busby has been qualified to appear before the Georgia and Florida state courts, as well as the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He also holds licenses to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 20%State, Local & Municipal
- 10%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment Litigation: Defense
Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Defense, State, Local & Municipal Litigation, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About J. S. Scott Busby
First Admitted: 1990, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://busbynegin.com/J-S-Scott-Busby/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Boy Scouts of America, Merit Badge Counsellor, Eagle Scout Coach
- Catalyst for Africa, Board Member, 2013 - Present
- North Metro Church, Board of Directors/Chairman, 2008 - 2011; Elder, 2016 - Present
- The Salvation Army, Advisory Board Member, 1995 - 2005
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1990, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1992, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 1990, 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003, 2003
- Atlanta Claims Association – Board Member and Golf Outing Chairman, 1997 - 2014
- Southern Loss Association
- State Bar of Florida, 1990, 1990
- State Bar of Georgia, 1990, 1990
- Named Georgia Super Lawyer
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- Property Loss Research Bureau – Speaker
- Workplace Bullying, Society for Human Resources
- Business Income/Extra Expense, Property Loss Research Bureau
- Workplace Ethics, The Salvation Army Southern Territorial Human Resources Conference
- Mediation, Liberty Mutual
- The Westminster Schools -- attended 9th to 11th Grade, 1981
- Asbury College, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1985, 1985
- Georgia State University, Masters in Business Administration, Major: Finance, 1987, 1987
- Car Rental
- Product Manufacturers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022