Jeffrey M. Zitron
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Jeffrey Zitron is a founding attorney of Hendrick, Rascoe, Zitron & Long, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. A graduate of the Wharton School of Business and Emory University School of Law, Mr. Zitron has practiced law in the greater Atlanta area for more than 35 years. He draws on this experience to assist closely held businesses, business owners and affluent families in a variety of legal areas.
Mr. Zitron's practice focuses on estate planning for high net worth individuals, business owners and families. He provides comprehensive estate planning services to strategize effective legal solutions for intragenerational wealth preservation, business succession planning, gift and generation-skipping tax controversies, and asset protection. Mr. Zitron represents fiduciaries in connection with the estate and trust administration. He also advises individual clients in connection with prenuptial agreements.
Among his many professional accomplishments, Mr. Zitron is AV Preeminent peer review rated*, the highest attainable rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a multi-year recipient of the Georgia Trend magazine's "Legal Elite" award.
Mr. Zitron was the founding director of the Estate Planning and Probate Section of the Atlanta Bar Association. His professional memberships include the Fiduciary Law Section of State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. Mr. Zitron has been featured as a guest lecturer at Emory University, the Georgia Bar Association, the Georgia Society of CPAs and the National Business Institute, among others.
Mr. Zitron actively volunteers in the community to increase access to legal services. For example, he recently organized estate planning clinics for the Sandy Springs and Dunwoody, GA police departments.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories -- legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Tax: Consumer
- 0%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 0%Closely Held Business
- 0%Mergers & Acquisitions
Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Business Organizations, Tax Law
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2013, 2015 - 2022
About Jeffrey M. Zitron
First Admitted: 1986, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.wealthcounsel.com/member/
- Georgia's Legal Elite - 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 adn 2015 - Taxes, Trusts & Estates. The Lawyers' Lawyers - Georgia Trend presents a roster of the state's Legal Elite - attorneys selected by their peers in 11 different practice areas. Jeff has been selected 5 times for this honor., Georgia Trend
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating, Highest Rating Given
- Five Star Professional provides localized, independent client satisfaction research on the performance of service professionals. Five Star Professional conducts research with consumers, and industry peers and leaders, to identify service professionals who score highest in overall satisfaction. Award candidates also undergo a thorough regulatory review. , Atlanta Five Star Financial Service Professionals - Estate Planning Attorney 2014 & 2015, Atlanta Magazine, 2015
- Use, Sale or Lease of Property: New Criteria for Disposition of Property Under Section 363, Bankruptcy Development Journal, Volume 2, November 1, 1985
- Exemption Under Section 522: New Amendments to Section 522. Effect of States Opt-Out of Federal Exemptions on Debtor's Lien Avoidance Rights, Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Volume 2, November, 1985
Pro bono/Community Service
- Will Clinic for Operation Desert Storm military personnel connected with Dobbins Air Force Base
- Member, The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Volunteer with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Provided Wills, Financial Powers of Attorney and Advance Healthcare Directive for officers of the Sandy Springs Police Department.
- Complimentary will and estate planning clinics for Sandy Springs, GA and Dunwoody, GA Police Departments
- Founder, Estate Planning & Probate section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Fiduciary Section of the Georgia Bar, 1986 - present
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association, 1986 - present
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, 1986 - present
- Georgia Bar Association
- Member, Atlanta Estate Planning Council, 2003 - present
- Former President, Estate Planning & Probate section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, Lawyers Club of Atlanta, 1986 - present
- Atlanta Bar Association, Chair, Estate Planning and Probate Section, 1999
- B.A. - University of Pennsylvania, School of Arts & Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, 1983
- B.S.E. - Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia, PA, 1983
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, J.D., 1986
- Christian Brothers High School, Memphis, TN, 1979
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Outstanding Young People of Atlanta, 1997
Last Updated: 5/15/2022