Jill G. Polster
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Proudly serving people living in the Atlanta metro area and throughout north Georgia, Jill G. Polster is a managing partner at Cohen & Hirsch Criminal Defense. Focusing her practice on criminal law, Ms. Polster generally handles cases involving domestic violence, sex crimes, drug charges, murder, manslaughter, theft and other misdemeanor and felony offenses. Understanding the effects criminal allegations may have on their finances and freedom, as well as their futures, Ms. Polster strives to help her clients achieve the best possible results for their cases.
In 1988, Ms. Polster received a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from Ithaca College. She went on to attend the Georgia State University College of Law, where she graduated with a Juris Doctor in 2001.
Having begun her legal career as a prosecutor, Ms. Polster has knowledge of and experience on both sides of the courtroom. Drawing on her 360-degree insight of the justice system, she thinks outside of the box in crafting her defense strategies. She has handled thousands of criminal defense cases, developing a successful track record of obtaining acquittals, pleading down charges and securing complete dismissals on her clients’ behalf. Ms. Polster has an Avvo “Superb” rating.
Beyond her work with clients, Ms. Polster is actively involved in the legal community. She is a member of numerous professional organizations, including the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the DeKalb Bar Association, The National Cannabis Bar Association and NORML. Ms. Polster also serves as the chairperson for the State Bar of Georgia’s Unlicensed Practice of Law Department’s District 4 Committee. Ms. Polster is licensed in Georgia and Maine.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Cannabis Law
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Jill G. Polster
First Admitted: 2001, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.cohenlawatlanta.com/Who-We-Are/Jill-G-Polster.sh...
- Georgia, 2001
- Maine, 2016
- International Cannabis Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2002
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2002
- DeKalb Bar Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Chairperson, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee for Judicial Administrative District 4, December 11, 2013 - Present
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1999 - Present
- Visiting Professional, Office of the Prosecutor, International Criminal Court, 2009
- Faculty, Kessler-Eidson Trial Techniques Program, Emory Univ. College of Law, 2010 - 2011
- Frequent Speaker, Student Programs, Georgia State University College of Law
Pro bono/Community Service
- NORML, Attorney - Member
- Peachtree NORML, Legal Committee
- Ithaca College, Ithaca , New York, B.A., 1988
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Co-founded The Georgia Innocence Project, 2001
- Certificate commending my service to the International Criminal Court as a Visiting Professional, Certificate Commending Service as Visiting Professional, International Criminal Court, 2009
- Selected Participant, Bill Daniels Trial Advocacy Program, 2001
- Received a tuition grant as a law student committed to working in public interest law, Public Interest Law Grant, National Public Interest Law Association, 1999
- Recipient, Special Recognition Award from the State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division for founding the Georgia Innocence Project, 2001
- and Business Development for retail
- and other ancillary businesses.
- Cannabis Compliance
- John Legend wants to transform the criminal justice system, one DA at a time https://t.co/3ZB67KzPWC
- Senate confirms Ketanji Brown Jackson to be first Black woman to sit on Supreme Court https://t.co/xe1xhPEbEi
- Jussie Smollett sentenced to 150 days in jail in fake attack https://t.co/yGqnZ4Bsqj
- Harvey Weinstein Caught In Jail With Milk Duds https://t.co/OYeuv72ee8
Last Updated: 5/15/2022