Jonathan D. Grunberg
Top Rated Media & Advertising Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Jonathan D. Grunberg is a partner at Wade, Grunberg & Wilson, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Grunberg handles complex civil litigation matters involving defamation, commercial disputes, the False Claims Act, personal injury, professional negligence, and civil rights. Over the course of his career, he has helped achieve record-setting results for clients in whistle-blower cases involving Medicare fraud and Stark Law violations.
Mr. Grunberg earned his law degree from Duke University School of Law. During law school, he was a member of Duke Law Moot Court Board and edited the Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum. He holds a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Following graduation, Mr. Grunberg gained valuable legal experience by clerking for federal judges in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. He has been licensed to practice law in Georgia since 2010.
Active in his community, Mr. Grunberg sits on the board of Community Guilds and the Georgia Latino Law Foundation. He is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and co-chair of the Atlanta Black-Jewish Coalition’s Project Understanding and co-chair of the Atlanta Black-Jewish Community Seder.
- 40%Media and Advertising
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Defamation, Libel, Slander, Communications and Media Law, Non-Compete Agreements, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Will Contests
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
About Jonathan D. Grunberg
First Admitted: 2010, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/30309-ga-jonathan-grunberg-34...
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A. in Sociology, 2000
- Duke University School of Law, Editor, Duke Environmental Law & Policy Forum
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Second and Ninth Circuits
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of California
- Georgia Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia, 2010
- KIPP South Fulton Academy, Board Member, 2013-2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Drafted appellate brief in Carbone v. Cable News Network, Inc., 910 F.3d 1345 (11th Cir. 2018), resulting in precedent-setting opinion that Georgia's anti-SLAPP statute is unenforceable in the federal courts in the Eleventh Circuit., 2018
- Drafted appellant's briefs in Steve Wynn v. Associated Press, 136 Nev. Adv. Op. 70, 475 P.3d 44 (2020), resulting in precedent-setting opinion that Nevada's fair-report privilege did not apply to coverage of a police report of citizen's criminal complaint. , 2020
- Drafted opposition to anti-SLAPP motion in the matter of Steve Wynn v. Lisa Bloom, 2:18-cv-00609 (D. Nev.), resulting in denial of anti-SLAPP motion under Nevada law. , 2020
- Drafted sections of appellant's briefs on issue of the enforceability of California's anti-SLAPP statute in federal court in La Liberte v. Reid, 966 F.3d 79 (2d Cir. 2020), resulting in opinion that California's anti-SLAPP statute is unenforceable in federal courts in the Second Circuit. , 2020
- Georgia Rising Star, 2019
- Georgia Rising Star, 2020
- Georgia Rising Star, 2018
- Georgia Rising Star, 2017
Pro bono/Community Service
- Racial Justice Committee, Co-Chair. , 2021
- Atlanta Black-Jewish Coalition, Project Understanding Co-Chair
- Represented domestic violence victim pro bono defending against defamation matter, including by drafting anti-SLAPP motion. , 2021
- Community Guilds, Board Member
- Georgia Latino Law Foundation, Board Member. Co-chair our marquee event, Law Day.
- Atlanta Black-Jewish Community Seder, Co-Chair
- Represented defendants in defamation matter and obtained full dismissal for clients under anti-SLAPP statute. , 2021
- Obtained full pre-suit removal of articles published in mainstream media outlets regarding client and his company., 2020
- Represented plaintiff in motor vehicle wreck and settled the matter for $285,000., 2019
- Represented plaintiff in wrongful death trucking case, settling matter for $3,000,000., 2018
- Represented defendant in defamation matter and obtained walk-away settlement after filing anti-SLAPP motion to strike the complaint. , 2021
Last Updated: 5/18/2022