Joseph W. Watkins
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Atlanta, GA
As a founding partner of Watkins, Lourie, Roll & Chance, PC, Joseph W. Watkins has close to four decades of experience representing clients in the state of Georgia in matters of personal injury. He handles injury cases related to medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, trucking accidents, premise liability and product liability, and is a former president of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Watkins first earned his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia in Athens, graduating summa cum laude before moving on to the University of Georgia School of Law to earn a Juris Doctor in 1977, once again graduating cum laude and with honors. For his professional accomplishments and commitment to legal ethics, he earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell and has an Avvo “Excellent” rating.
Admitted to practice in the state of Georgia, he also appears before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. Previously, Mr. Watkins has served as a member of the State Bar of Georgia, as the legislative co-chair of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the chairman of the State Bar of Georgia’s Insurance Law Section.
As a talented, engaging speaker with decades of experience, Mr. Watkins often speaks at continuing education legal programs, including the Tort and Insurance Practice Session Conference since 2016. Defending the rights of clients to obtain compensation and justice is a core part of his practice.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards
- 60%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Joseph W. Watkins
First Admitted: 1977, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.wlrlawfirm.com/Joseph-W-Watkins
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Past President
- Order of the Coif, University of Georgia School of Law
- University of Georgia
Last Updated: 5/15/2022