Kevin L. Ward
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Attorney Kevin L. Ward is a partner at Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Ward practices civil and commercial litigation with a primary focus on matters involving banking and lending law, business litigation, commercial real estate litigation, FDIC litigation and family law. His client base comes from the Atlanta metropolitan area and throughout the state of Georgia.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Ward has represented several high-profile clients as part of his family law and civil practices. His law cases have been mentioned in publications including the Daily Report, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times. His wide range of experience also includes handling many complex business and commercial cases on a nationwide basis.
Mr. Ward lived in Beirut, Lebanon, during his youth and earned a bachelor’s degree from the American University of Beirut, graduating with distinction. He attained his law degree from Emory University School of Law and has been licensed to practice law in Georgia since 1986.
Because of his outstanding work and accomplishments in the legal profession, Mr. Ward is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been included on Georgia Trend’s “legal elite” list multiple years in a row.
Outside of the office, Mr. Ward is active in his legal and professional communities. He is a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the American Bar Association and the Legal Netlink Alliance.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Kevin L. Ward
First Admitted: 1986, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://swtwlaw.com/kevin-ward
- Mitsubishi v. Cardinal Textiles
- In re Miele, 2007 WL 7138299, Bankr.N.D.Ga. April 04, 2007
- Robison v. George, 560 S.E.2d 108, Ga. App. 2002
- Ex-Dancer Drops Racketeering Claims Against The Cheetah, 2017
- Fontaine v. Sidelines IV, Inc., 538 S.E.2d 137, Ga. App. 2000
- Mitsubishi Intern. Corp. v. Cardinal Textile Sales, 14 F.3d 1507, C.A.11, Ga. 1994
- Nemnon v. Conti
- John Hardy Group, Inc. v. Cayo Largo Hotel Associates, 649 S.E.2d 826, Ga.App. 2007
- Edwards v. Sabat, 589 S.E.2d 618, Ga. App. 2003
- McClelland v. First Georgia Community Bank, 2012 WL 892189 (M.D.Ga. March 14, 2012)
- Moulton v. VC3, 2000 WL 33310901, N.D.Ga. November 07, 2000
- Kitfield v. Henderson, Black & Greene, 498 S.E.2d 537, Ga. App. 1998
- U.S. v. Kaplan
- Gibson Const. Co. v. GAA Acquisitions I, LLC, 725 S.E.2d 806, Ga.App. 2012
- Leevers v. Bilberry, 2007 WL 315344, M.D.Ga. January 31, 2007
- RES-GA SCL LLC v. Stonecrest Land LLC, et al., No. A15A0458, Ga. App., 4th Div. 2015 Ga. App. LEXIS 470
- Court of Appeals Says Developer Must Pay $21M to Failed Bank, 2015
- Grayson & Hollingsworth, Inc. v. C. Henning Studios, Inc., 391 S.E.2d 8, Ga.App. 1990
- Donald J. Trump v. Positive Concepts, Ltd.
- RL Regi Georgia LLC v. McCallister Point Development LLC, CV111606BA (10/29/2014)
- A Bug Flew With Koppel, Chicago Tribune, July 7, 1989
- The Trump Files: He Once Forced a Small Business to Pay Him Royalties for Using the Word "Trump", Mother Jones, June 27, 2016
- Court of Appeals Says Developer Must pay $21M to Failed Bank, The Daily Report, August 13, 2015
- Cards and Trump Create A Different Kind of Suit, The New York Times, July 17, 1989
- Magnate Sues Tiny Firm Over Use of 'Trump Cards', Los Angeles Times, July 7, 1989
- Georgia House of Representatives hearings on Senate Bill 448, March 21, 2012
- Airplane Pilots and Owners Association
- Legal Netlink Alliance
- American Bar Association
- Georgia, 1986
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2012-2015
- 10.0/10.0 Rated, AVVO
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2005, 2009-2017
- American University of Beirut, B.A., with distinction, 1982
Last Updated: 8/29/2022