Marcy L. Sperry
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
Marcy L. Sperry, founder of Vivid IP, proudly serves the residents of Georgia with honor and distinction in the complex field of intellectual property legal protection. While her firm provides representation in trademark and copyright registration and enforcement, entertainment law, IP portfolio optimization, and IP litigation, Ms. Sperry’s practice more specifically focuses on trademark enforcement, which includes litigation in both federal and state courts, opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and international matters.
Prior to earning her J.D. from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Ms. Sperry graduated in 1999 from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor with a Bachelor of Science in environmental policy and behavior. She was admitted to practice in Georgia in 2002 and currently is a member of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of Georgia as well as the International Trademark Association.
During her years of practice with increasing responsibilities and high-profile clients, Ms. Sperry saw a need that was unfulfilled. She realized the typical corporate legal approach wasn’t meeting the expectations of many of her creative and innovative clients. With her current firm since 2019, Ms. Sperry provides the best aspects of big-firm legal services combined with the intimacy and progressive approach of a boutique firm.
Ms. Sperry’s considerable intellectual abilities are enhanced by a “can do, won’t quit” approach that serves her goal of achieving the best possible result for each of her clients. Her competitive nature is an asset in her personal life, as she lovingly coaches her three sons in soccer.
About Marcy L. Sperry
First Admitted: 2002, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.vividip.com/meet-marcy
Pro bono/Community Service
- Buckhead Baseball, Young Bucks League, Astros Team Sponsor
- Christ the King, Parent Reader & Art Volunteer
- i9 Sports, Soccer Coach, Christ the King
- Ultimate Tennis Member
- Georgia Lawyers for the Arts, Member
- Northern District of Georgia
- Member of Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, 2018
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Superior Courts of Georgia
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA), Public & Media Relations Committee
- Member of GA BIO, 2018
- State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Intellectual Property
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite, Intellectual Property, 2018
- Lamar Inn of Court (Emory University School of Law), Master
- University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science (Environmental Policy & Behavior), 1999
- Restaurant & Hospitality
Last Updated: 5/15/2022