Margaret Robinson Martin
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Margaret Robinson Martin is a family law attorney at Eittreim Martin Cutler, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Ms. Martin has over 25 years of experience litigating various family law matters, with a focus on high asset-divorce. She serves a diverse range of clients throughout the Atlanta area.
Over her years in practice, Ms. Martin has helped many Georgia residents through the complexities of the divorce process. She provides effective representation and communicates clearly with her clients, guiding them through the divorce process so they can successfully move forward with their lives.
Ms. Martin is skilled at handling intricate financial matters to achieve a fair division of marital property and has earned herself a reputation as one of Georgia’s most respected and esteemed legal professionals. “The Best Lawyers in America” included her in its prominent publication multiple years in a row, and Chambers and Partners listed her on its list of “Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth” attorneys in Georgia.
Committed to staying up to date with the latest in family law developments and maintaining strong relationships with her colleagues, Ms. Martin is a member of the Atlanta Bar Association Family Law Section, the State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section and the American Bar Association Section of Family Law and Litigation Section.
After graduating magna cum laude from Wake Forest University in 1992 with a bachelor’s degree, Ms. Martin earned her law degree from Valparaiso University Law School in 1995, where she also graduated with magna cum laude honors. Following law school, she passed the Georgia bar examination and obtained her license to practice law before all Georgia state courts.
About Margaret Robinson Martin
First Admitted: 1995, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.emcfamilylaw.com/attorneys/margaret-martin/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Family Law Institute Participant "Who wants to be a Family Lawyer" Atlanta 19th Annual Family Law
- Georgia, 1995
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Litigation Section, Member
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section, Member
- Oxford University, 1991
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1992, magna cum laude
Pro bono/Community Service
- Foundation of Mitochondrial Medicine for the years 2010 thru 2016 - Raised money and volunteered for the foundation; raised awareness in the community regarding Mitochondrial disorder which is a disease Ms. Martin's daughter has suffered from since birth. Participated in research studies. Raised money for the event. Participated in marketing initiatives including radio speaking engagements. Honorary chairs of annual event entitled Hope Flies, 2016
- Peachtree Road Presbyterian Benefits Fashion Show for Homeless Women and Children in 2009 and 2012
- Winship Cancer Institute Fashion a Cure - Fashion Show participant in 2016 and 2018
- Planning Committee for United Way Women's Leadership Breakfast - Member of the planning committee which meets monthly to plan an event which brings together 800 attendees to discuss the disparities in the workplace and how to make the workplace more equitable, 2018
- Focus + Fragile Kids- Involved in a group of children and families who are medically fragile or have significantly developmentally and/or physically disabled. Have been involved through support groups and other activities with Focus as Ms. Martin has a severely disabled child
- Planters Garden Club, 2008
- Led Bible Study on Infertility at Northside Methodist Church - Support group for women who were experiencing infertility, 2005
- Atlanta Speech School/Gala Silent Auction Chair - In charge of the silent auction portion of the Atlanta Speech School Gala; the school serves children with learning and hearing issues. In charge of the silent auction committee, procurement of the items, and organization of hundreds of items, 2005
- Resolve Infertility Hotline - Volunteered on a hotline to assist couples and individuals who were experiencing infertility, 2004
- Member of Northside Methodist Church, Atlanta, Georgia - Worked closely with the Pastor in charge of special needs individuals to make the church more accessible and user friendly for those persons with disabilities, 1995
- Chosen to be recognized in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for high caliber of work in the practice area of Family Law, Recognized, The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America, 2019 – 2022, by Best Lawyers
- Listed, Band 1, Chambers & Partners, Family/Matrimonial: High Net Worth, USA, Georgia
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2022
- Selected by peers as one of Georgia Trend's 2019 Legal Elite, Georgia Trend's 2019 Legal Elite, Georgia Trend, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022