Matthew R. Kahn
Top rated personal injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaButler | Kahn
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2015
Education: Emory University School of Law
Butler | Kahn10 Lenox Pointe
Atlanta, GA 30324 Visit website
Matthew R. Kahn serves as a partner at the law firm Butler | Kahn, which has its office in Atlanta, Georgia. He fights for the rights of those suffering personal injuries due to truck accidents, Uber accidents and wrongful death. He also represents victims of crimes, including sexual assault and rape.
Mr. Kahn is a compassionate and understanding attorney who strives to obtain the justice and compensation his clients deserve. He knows the negative effects of being injured due to someone else’s misconduct and negligence and serves as a tireless advocate for his clients’ liberties.
With a major in political science, Mr. Kahn graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Georgia State University. He went on to study law at the Emory University School of Law and earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2015. While in law school, he was the managing editor of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal.
Additionally, Mr. Kahn served as a clerk for a renowned judge at the Georgia Court of Appeals. He is involved in the legal community through his memberships in the American Association for Justice, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the DeKalb Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice’s Oversight Committee and Trial Lawyers Care.
Mr. Kahn is also actively a part of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s New Lawyers Division, Community Outreach Committee, Communications Committee, and the Editorial Board of the Verdict magazine. He is authorized to practice in Georgia and before the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Georgia and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
A firm believer in giving back to his society, Mr. Kahn is an advisory board member of the Parkinson’s Foundation – Georgia Chapter and a member of the Annual Planning Task Force of the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy. He has received a perfect score of 10/10 on Avvo.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense
Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Criminal law
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 2015, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://butlerfirm.com/our-team/matt-kahn
- Nash v. Reed, 349 Ga. App. 381 (2019) (reversing summary judgment on claim for attorney’s fees under O.C.G.A. § 13-6-11)
- Liotta v. Wolford Boutiques, LLC, No. 1:16-CV-4634-WSD, 2017 WL 1178083 (N.D. Ga. Mar. 30, 2017) (defeating defendant’s motion to dismiss a class action under the TCPA)
- Parkinson’s Foundation Georgia — Advisory Board Member
- Georgia Legal Food Frenzy — Annual Planning Task Force
- American Association for Justice, Membership Oversight Committee; Trial Lawyers Care
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- DeKalb Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 2019-2020 LEAD Class; New Lawyers Division, Executive Board; Community Outreach Committee; Communications Committee; Editorial Board, Verdict Magazine
- Winter 2019: Proving Constructive Knowledge with Google Maps, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fall 2022: View from the Bench – Judge Sara Doyle, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fall 2022: Work-Life Balance, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fall 2022: How I Obtained Justice (And You Can Too!), Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Summer 2021: The Revenge Porn Epidemic, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Summer 2021: View from the Bench – Judge Diane Bessen, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Spring 2021: Police Brutality: Court Manufactured Injustice, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Winter 2020: Using State Tools in Federal Court, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Winter 2020: Techniques for Virtual Depositions, The Verdict Magazine, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science, Activities: Pi Kappa Phi, 2012
Office location for Matthew R. Kahn
10 Lenox Pointe
Atlanta, GA 30324
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023