Mitchell D. Benjamin
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Mitchell D. Benjamin is a partner at the law firm of DeLong, Caldwell, Bridgers, Fitzpatrick & Benjamin, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Benjamin focuses his practice on employment and labor law, representing clients throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area.
Mr. Benjamin has over 26 years of legal experience. Over the course of his career, he has represented thousands of Georgia residents in legal matters involving discrimination, minimum wages, retaliation, sexual harassment, unpaid overtime, and wage and hour violations. His clients include individuals and public safety officers such as firefighters, police, paramedics and emergency medical technicians.
Recognized for his employment and labor law knowledge, Mr. Benjamin regularly reviews overtime and wage policies at the request of businesses and public bodies. He has appeared on radio and television programs such as the PBS show “The Layman’s Lawyer.” He is committed to providing exceptional legal service and achieving the goals of his clients through mediation or litigation.
Born and raised in New York, Mr. Benjamin earned a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York’s Stony Brook University. He received his law degree from Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, graduating cum laude.
Mr. Benjamin holds a license to practice law in Georgia and New York, as well as before the U.S. district courts for the northern and middle districts of Georgia, the U.S. district courts for the southern and eastern districts of New York, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia. He is active in the Georgia chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association, previously serving as treasurer and on the board of directors.
About Mitchell D. Benjamin
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.georgiawagelawyers.com/attorneys/mitchell-d-benj...
- , What is Considered Workplace Discrimination?
- , Employment What elements of a Hostile Work Environment Claim?
- , What is Considered Harassment at Work?
- , When are Employers Required to Pay Overtime?
- , What is a non-compete agreement?
- , What is the FMLA?
- , What is “at will” Employment?
- , 8 Ways Employers Try To Avoid Paying Overtime?
- , How Much Time Maternity or Paternity Leave?
- Georgia, 1996
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia, 1997
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Georgia chapter (NELA-GA), Board of directors, 2004, Treasurer, 2005 and 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 1994
- New York, 1994
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, B.A., 1989, National Political Science Honor Society
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- Court Rules in Favor of Fired Transgender Funeral Director https://t.co/E4V47IrcIV
- Gig Economy Renews Debate Over Whether Contractors Are Really Employees https://t.co/XuHjTtn6xQ
- U.S. labor agency overturns major ruling, citing Trump appointee's conflict https://t.co/nOy7n8j6sI
- Title VII protects workers from discrimination based on sexual orientation, en banc 2nd Circuit says https://t.co/TVJDRcUuts
- What happens when you witness sexual harassment in the workplace https://t.co/ijLof3vo3X
Last Updated: 5/15/2022