Monica K. Gilroy
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThe Gilroy Firm
Attorney Monica K. Gilroy is the founder of The Gilroy Firm in Alpharetta, Georgia. Ms. Gilroy handles matters involving bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, property management and real estate litigation. She serves clients in the Atlanta metropolitan region and throughout the state of Georgia.
Ms. Gilroy has more than 27 years of experience with all phases of commercial and residential real estate litigation. Her clients include title insurance companies, banks, lenders and mortgage companies on a local and national level. She regularly assist Property Management companies with all aspects of compliance and Fair Housing. She is a seasoned trial attorney and is a former litigation liaison for top lending organizations.
Ms. Gilroy enjoys educating others on legal topics. She is the author of several articles, regularly contributes to an American Bar Association publication, and regularly lectures on litigation and real estate. She earned an AV Preeminent* rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available by the peer review organization.
An active member of the State Bar of Georgia, Ms. Gilroy has served in various roles for the association over the years. She also belongs to the Atlanta REALTORS Association, the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, the Mortgage Bankers Association of Georgia and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta. Giving back to her community, she volunteers with the Fulton County Schools and the Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta.
Ms. Gilroy holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Wisconsin–Madison and received her law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law. She is eligible to practice before all Georgia state and federal courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal Estate: Business, Civil Litigation: Defense, Insurance Coverage
Bad Faith Insurance, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance
- 70% Real Estate: Business
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Insurance Coverage
First Admitted: 1993, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.gilroyfirm.com/attorneys/monica-k-gilroy/
- Member, Title Counsel Committee, American Land Title Association
- Member, Programs Committee, State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Mortgage Bankers Association
- Georgia Women’s Lawyers Association
- American Land Title Association (ALTA) National Education Committee
- Member, Executive Committee State Bar of Georgia
- Past Chair of the Real Property Law Section, State Bar of Georgia, the largest section of the State Bar of Georgia; Super Lawyer, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Elected Secretary/Treasurer of the Real Property Section State Bar of Georgia, 2013
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Volunteer educator, church in Johns Creek, Georgia
- Member AVLF Volunteer, St. Brigid Catholic Church
- Atlanta Board of Realtors
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta, Peer Mentor, Fulton County School System Event Coordinator
- Ealing College of Higher Education, England in a study abroad program
- Graduate of the University of Wisconsin, 1990 BA Political Science, 1993 Graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law.
- Past Chair of the Real Property Law Section of the State of Georgia, 2015, Three times elected to Executive Committee of the Real Property Law Section, Super Lawyer, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Georgia Super Lawyer
- AV-peer review rating with Martindale Hubbell
- For ten years of service, Real Property Law Section State Bar of Georgia
- Top 50 Woman Attorney in Georgia, 2017
- Frequent lecturer for the ABA, State Bar and other national real estate organizations on topics for attorneys, real estate professionals and members of the lending community.
- Honored to speak at ALTA One about navigating a title claim, Speaker, Antomy of a Title Claim, American Land Title Association Annual Conference, 2019
- Inside the Minds: Mortgage and Finance Fraud Litigation Strategies, 2015 ed., Thompson Reuters
- Foreclosure Law and Related Remedies: a State-by-State Digest, American Bar Association
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Title Insurance Defense
Office location for Monica K. Gilroy
1145 Hightower Trail
Atlanta, GA 30350