Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Page Pate is an accomplished trial lawyer with over 25 years of experience in criminal defense and civil litigation. He has a national practice and has represented people in federal district and circuit courts all across the country. He has also helped resolve international legal disputes in Great Britain, Ireland, The Bahamas, and Spain.
Page has been named to the list of Super Lawyers for the past 11 consecutive years. He is also listed as one of The Best Lawyers in America by U.S. News, and was recently named as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Page is a founding member of the Georgia Innocence Project, and an active member of the Federal Bar Association, the National Associations of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and a Champion Member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Page previously served as a board member of the Federal Defender Program in Atlanta and was the Chairman of the Criminal Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association. Page also served on the Judicial Selection and Tenure Committee of the Atlanta Bar Association, a committee that reviews judicial nominees and makes recommendations on potential judges.
Page is a regular contributor to local and national media on legal issues and high-profile trials. Page is a frequent guest on CNN and has appeared regularly on Fox News, 11 Alive News, CBS Atlanta, and Fox 5 Atlanta. Page has been quoted in the New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Dallas Morning News, and in many other national and local publications on constitutional law and other legal matters.
Page has served as an adjunct professor of law at the University of Georgia teaching law students litigation and trial strategies. Page graduated with honors from the University of Georgia’s Law School in 1994 and received the American Jurisprudence Award for Advocacy. While in law school, Page was the top advocate in several moot court competitions and was elected into the Order of Barristers. Page received his undergraduate degree from Georgia State University where he graduated with honors and was awarded the Phi Beta Kappa scholarship award for being in the top ten percent of his graduating class.
Page is a life-long resident of Georgia and divides his time between Atlanta and St. Simons Island. He and his wife Elizabeth have two sons who attend Glynn County public schools. Page is a longtime supporter of Heartbound Ministries (a group dedicated to improving the lives of Georgia inmates and their families), the Georgia Justice Project, and Ferst Readers (a childhood literacy project). Page is also very active in environmental advocacy efforts to protect Georgia’s coast and rivers.
Atlanta Brunswick Washington, DC
101 Marietta Street NW, Suite 3300 1715 Reynolds Street 1717 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 1025
Atlanta, GA 30303 Brunswick, GA 31520 Washington, DC 20006
(404) 223-3310 (912) 574-3000 (202) 660-0727
Los Angeles, CA Office Northern Virginia Office
100 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700 114 North Alfred Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401 Alexandria, VA 22314
(310) 862-5300 (703) 420-3300
About Page Pate
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.pagepate.com/our-firm/attorney-page-pate/
- Georgia State University, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship Award
Pro bono/Community Service
- Founding Member, Georgia Innocence Project
- The Definitive Guide to the Most Distinguished Law Firms in America
- RICO Defense Strategies Panel, RICO Law, 2013
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Board Member, Federal Defender Program, 2012 - 2015
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Board Member, Atlanta Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- Chairman, Atlanta Bar Association, Criminal Law Section, 2006 - 2007
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgia Trend Magazine as a member of "Georgia's Legal Elite", 2007 - 2012
- Cum Laude, University of Georgia School of Law
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- American Jurisprudence Award for Advocacy, University of Georgia School of Law
- Board Member, Federal Defender Program in Atlanta
- Order of Barristers
- Federal Bar Association
- Georgia Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- @AP @radleybalko Does it help fight homelessness, or help fight the homeless? Big difference.
- @jscottkey @netflix Happy to do it! Just understand that all the fees were spent months ago so it’s just a lot of work now.
- @jscottkey @netflix I couldn’t get through episode one after hearing about the Motion to Transfer Law Practice. If… https://t.co/NdI6HLBU3Q
- Been a lot of positive changes in Brunswick over the past 2 years. https://t.co/BldtDDODZX
- Thanks @VICENews for including my take in this piece: Trump and Young Thug Have a Mob Boss Problem https://t.co/FZdP8HVWd0
Last Updated: 5/15/2022