Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Atlanta, GA
A 2006 graduate of Harvard Law School, Raegan King is the founder of her own firm in Atlanta, Georgia. She handles a variety of matters for her individual and business clients throughout the region. In her family law practice, Ms. King assists people who are facing the end of their marriage and who are dealing with divorce-related issues such as property division, alimony, child support, and custody and visitation. Ms. King also prepares motions and appears at hearings for post-order modifications, and she has experience with paternity disputes.
Ms. King helps clients create comprehensive estate plans through the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives. She represents small businesses and their owners in a variety of matters, including entity formation, contract preparation, shareholder agreements and lease review. In her education law practice, Ms. King helps parents of disabled or autistic children work with the school system to create individualized education programs. She has received a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
In 2003, Ms. King received a Bachelor of Science in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology. While she was at Harvard Law School, she served summer internships with the Medical Association of Georgia and with the Cobb County Solicitor General's Office. After graduation, Ms. King was an associate at a U.S. Virgin Islands law firm and then with an Atlanta firm before founding The Law Office of Raegan M. King. She is admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts as well as in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Ms. King is an active participant in several professional organizations. Her memberships include the Women in the Profession Committee, part of the Young Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association, and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta.
- 70%Family Law
- 30%Schools & Education
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Education
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2021
About Raegan King
First Admitted: 2006
Professional Webpage: https://raeganking.com/about/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ivann Eudora Kean High School Moot Court Team, Coach
- Georgia Super Lawyers
- Virgin Islands, 2006
- Georgia, 2008
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2009
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, B.S. summa cum laude, Major: Computer Science, 2003
- This was my favorite ad last night. Kuddos to Microsoft! https://t.co/9qRZOn8i6S
- Food allergies are scary. A 504 Plan could help prevent allergic reactions at school. https://t.co/RC4Kxqb1Uw
- I'm so excited that Benefit Cosmetics made Kate Grant a brand ambassador! https://t.co/j2JxN6SlmS
- Should Georgia schools have mandatory dyslexia screenings? https://t.co/RiFndelzWD
- The prevalence of autism in children has increased. Make sure your child has access to a free and appropriate publi… https://t.co/wnwhisnvm0
Last Updated: 5/15/2022