Regina A. Mincey
Top rated family law attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaBell & Washington LLP
A family law attorney serving the Atlanta-based law firm Bell & Washington LLP in Georgia, Regina A. Mincey has been practicing law for over three decades. She serves clients in and around the Atlanta metropolitan area on legal matters related to family law and civil litigation. In addition, she is also a pro hac judge and judicial officer for the State Court of Fulton County.
Ms. Mincey was a former certified law mediator and uses these skills to help resolve complex law matters for her clients. She assisted in developing action plans for juvenile victims and families in collaboration with community organizations and law enforcement agencies while working as a prosecutor and serving on the Multi-Agency Child Advocacy Task Force Committee for Fulton County.
Exhibiting compassion for her clients, Ms. Mincey strives to ensure that the victims do not have to tackle their miseries a second time. She is especially knowledgeable in the area of child support and provides support to those undergoing divorce or separation.
Completing her bachelor’s degree in political science and economics, Ms. Mincey graduated from Fisk University in 1985. She obtained her Juris Doctor in 1988 from the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. As a law student, she was an active part of various societies, participated in the Sex Discrimination Clinic and practiced as a 3L student while securing protective orders for domestic violence victims, including activities with the Black Law Students Association. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals.
Initially, Ms. Mincey worked as a senior assistant district attorney for Fulton County, before joining various law firms. She was recognized with the “Child Support Lawyer of the Year” title multiple times, by the district attorney’s office. She was also selected to be a member of the National Black Lawyers’ Top 100. Moreover, she is rated “Excellent” on Avvo for her zealous representation and quality client services.
Apart from her law practice, Ms. Mincey dedicates time to volunteering at various schools, teaching them the basics of law and coaching them for mock trials. She is also a mentor to legal interns, guiding and inspiring them to achieve their career goals.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Will contests, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Wills
- 80% Family law
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1992, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://bellwashington.com/staff-member/regina-mincey/
- Certified civil law mediator (Justice Center of Atlanta, 1999-2000)
- Appointed Pro-Hac Judge and Judicial Officer in the State Court of Fulton County, 2020
- Former juvenile court CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates)
- Served on the Multi-Agency Child Advocacy Task Force Committee for Fulton County (2008-2011)
- State Bar of Georgia, 1992
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1993
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 1993
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- Fisk University, Nashville, Tennesee, B.A., 1985
- Received an award of attorney's fees in the amount of $16,234.72 in a Legitimation, Paternity, and Child Support case in Superior Court., 2022
- Bench trial in a contested family law case involving modification of custody and visitation and received a favorable ruling for client in the Superior Court of Fulton County., 2016
- Bench trial in a contested divorce and received a favorable ruling for client in the Superior Court of Gwinnett County., 2017
- Guilty verdict on a Simple Battery charges as a State Court Prosecutor., 2018
- Guilty Jury Verdict on a DUI charge as a State Court Prosecutor., 2018
- , Member of The Lawyers Club of Atlanta, 2022
- Rhodes Scholar State Finalist (TN, 1985)
- Named Child Support Lawyer of the Year by the District Attorney’s Office. (2007 & 2010)
- Member of the National Black Lawyers Top 100 (2020 & 2021)
Office location for Regina A. Mincey
270 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Super Lawyers: 2023
Find me online
- 🦃 Happy Thanksgiving From BELL & WASHINGTON LAW FIRM 🦃 -YOU MATTER https://t.co/5F81WQNbNC
- Please Vote 🗳️You Matter . @ Bell and Washington LLP https://t.co/06B1JBnq0s
- 🎉Let the count down begin🎉 We are so excited to be celebrating 15 fantastic years at Bell & Washington. We have ex… https://t.co/FZS7SFkVAJ