Robert C. Khayat, Jr.
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Atlanta, GA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Robert C. Khayat, Jr., who has been selected for Georgia SuperLawyers Top 100, is a former partner with a Global 100 law firm who formed the Khayat Law Firm ("KLF") to provide bespoke legal and strategic problem solving solutions to a select group of clients across the country. Robert and KLF are consumed with improving outcomes for clients and can deploy an array of services to achieve that objective, including litigation, arbitration, strategic advisory services, fractional general counsel services, and strategic procurement of subject matter experts. Robert has served clients in federal and state courts, arbitration, and in strategic advisory services across the country.
Before earning his Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt Law School in 1999, Mr. Khayat attended the University of Mississippi. He graduated with his Bachelor of Arts in 1995.
With more than 20 years of experience, Robert has provided representation to clients dealing with a range of issues. His successes include obtaining a jury verdict including an attorneys' fee award for a client following a 7 day jury trial; serving as fractional general counsel for clients, defending a client who was accused of unfair competitive actions and fraud, and obtaining a multimillion-dollar award in a business contract dispute case. Robert is admitted to practice law before trial and appellate courts at both the state and federal level in Alabama and Georgia, as well as before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Robert is a master in the Lamar American Inn of Court; and he previously served as president of the Atlanta Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Inc.
- 70%Business Litigation
- 20%Health Care
Health & Health Care Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
About Robert C. Khayat, Jr.
First Admitted: 1999, Alabama
Professional Webpage: http://www.khayatlawfirm.com/robert-c-khayat-jr
- Representation of a healthcare services company in connection with state procurement laws
- Obtained $3 million judgment for energy client., 2015
- Settlement of multi-million dollar arbitration on behalf of large healthcare client., 2012
- Won multi-million dollar award for client in business contract dispute
- Won dismissal of federal court complaint seeking $200 million in damages for alleged defamation
- Representation of business client seeking damages for breaches of contract
- Representation of international shipping company in connection with dispute regarding the purchase of aircraft
- Settlement of multi-million dollar claims against healthcare client., 2010
- Obtained complete defense verdict, award on counterclaims, and award of attorneys' fees for client following a seven day jury trial., 2016
- Confidential settlement of qui tam lawsuit for healthcare client involving allegations of false claims made to Medicaid program. , 2013
- Representation of clients in connection with government investigations
- Representation of client in challenge to award of the Georgia State Health Benefit Plan
- Representation of a dental products company in connection with a dispute concerning corporate control
- Successfully resisted preliminary injunction motion for global company in federal court., 2015
- Representation of healthcare client in administrative protest and litgation regarding award of multi-million dollar Ohio Medicaid administration contract., 2012
- Representation of clients in whistleblower litigation in federal courts
- Defense of client in case alleging fraud and unfair competitive actions in which the plaintiff claimed hundreds of millions in damages.
- Admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Georgia and Alabama
- Admitted tp practice in the United States Supreme Court
- Member of the American Health Lawyer's Association
- Master, Lamar Inn of Court
- Past President, Federal Bar Association (Atlanta Chapter), 2011
- B.A. University of Mississippi, 1995
- Article discussing recent federal legislative efforts to restrict the enforceability of pre-dispute arbitration agreements under the Federal Arbitration Act., Co-author, Healthcare Liability & Litigation, AHLA Healthcare Liability and Litigation Practice Group, 2009
Pro bono/Community Service
- Representation of indigent client in Eleventh Circuit appeal regarding constitutional issues and application of the 2010 Padilla doctrine. , 2012
- Georgia Super Lawyer, 2014
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010-2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022