Scott A. Wharton
Top rated business & corporate attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaHill, Kertscher & Wharton, LLP
Scott A. Wharton is a partner at Hill, Kertscher & Wharton, LLP, where he is the head of its business transactions practice. Mr. Wharton has extensive experience in helping companies that are seeking equity or debt financing, or that are acquiring other businesses. His background also includes intellectual property licensing, secured transactions, Uniform Commercial Code matters, joint ventures, federal and state securities law compliance, international business transactions, and complex business disputes.
Mr. Wharton's clients have included everything from startup companies to publicly traded corporations in a wide range of industries, including aviation, telecommunications, software, venture capital, and distribution. He has been admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts since 1990 and he has been admitted to practice in the District of Columbia since 1992.
Prior to earning his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Georgia State University College of Law, Mr. Wharton received a Bachelors of Science from Marquette University. He started his legal career at an international telecommunications software company where he served as general counsel before joining a Danish firm in the same industry. At both organizations, Mr. Wharton was responsible for a wide variety of regulatory and legal affairs, including financing transactions, labor and employment matters, and mergers and acquisitions.
As a member of Hill, Kertscher & Wharton, LLP, Mr. Wharton continues to act as outside general counsel for numerous companies that demand both exceptional legal representation and the highest levels of personal service. In addition to his professional affiliations, his community service has included membership in a group dedicated to raising funds for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Inc.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Intellectual property, Mergers & acquisitions
- 40% Business/corporate
- 30% Intellectual property
- 30% Mergers & acquisitions
First Admitted: 1990, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://hkw-law.com/attorney/scott-a-wharton/
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Georgia Super Lawyers Honoree, Thomson Reuters
- Distinguished Clown Corps (Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta)
- Marquette Club of Atlanta
- President’s Club, Georgia State University
- Founding Member and Sponsor, Georgia State College of Law, IP Law Foundation
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, 1990 to present
- Member, District of Columbia Bar, 1992 to present
- Marquette University, B.S., Business Administration, Finance, 1986
Office location for Scott A. Wharton
3625 Cumberland Blvd SE
Atlanta, GA 30339
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2008, 2019 - 2023