Top rated business & corporate attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaSchulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP
Practice Areas: Business & corporate, Real estate, International
Licensed in Georgia since: 1979
Education: University of Kentucky College of Law
Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303 Visit website
Attorney Scott Schulten is the managing partner of Schulten Ward Turner & Weiss, LLP, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Schulten has practiced law in the Atlanta metropolitan area since 1979 and is also admitted to practice in Kentucky. His practice focuses on commercial transactions, corporate law, and real estate development.
As part of his practice, Mr. Schulten has served as outside general counsel to various national companies. Since 2010, he and the members of his firm have handled commercial real estate transactions totaling more than $10 billion. In addition to his practice, he has authored articles for various publications and has lectured on many different legal topics for groups and organizations.
Mr. Schulten is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He was also listed among the state's "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend magazine from 2012 to 2021.
Mr. Schulten belongs to several professional organizations including the Kentucky Bar Association and State Bar of Georgia. He chaired the Atlanta Bar Association Managing Partner Committee from 2008 through 2014. He also serves on the executive committee of Legal Netlink Alliance, an international coalition of over 50 law firms with more than 2,000 individual attorneys in some 25 countries.
Mr. Schulten graduated from Oberlin College and received his law degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was a member of the university’s law review.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness/corporate, Real estate: business, International
- 70% Business/corporate
- 20% Real estate: business
- 10% International
First Admitted: 1979, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.swtlaw.com/wm-scott-schulten
- Panelist, The Changing Foreclosure Practice: Professionalism, Practical Concerns, Insurance, Regulatory and Other Issues Related to Merging Practices, ICLE in Georgia (November 2016)
- Guest, Atlanta Legal Experts Radio Show (March 2016)
- A Conversation with Cathy Hampton, City of Atlanta Attorney, The Atlanta Lawyer (October 2013)
- Speaker, Alternative Fee Arrangements, Legal Marketing Association Annual Conference (April 2011)
- Speaker, The View from Outside Counsel: Law Firm CEOs and Managing & Founding Partners Speak Out on How to Control Costs, Increase Value, and Improve Satisfaction for Clients, 4th National Forum on Reducing Legal Costs, American Conference Institute (March 2010)
- City of Sandy Springs, 2007 - 2010.
- Legal Netlink Alliance, Executive Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky, 1980
- Managing Partner Forum, Atlanta Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- Piedmont Park Conservancy, Patron
- Georgia, 1979
- 10.0/10.0 Rating, AVVO
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Affordable Housing Coalition
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Legal Elite, 2012-2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2004-2017
- Oberlin College, B.A., Major: Communications, 1975
Office location for Scott Schulten
260 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023