Shay M. Lawson
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Atlanta, GA
- Free Consultation
Shay M. Lawson Esq is an Atlanta based intellectual property and entertainment attorney. Her keen understanding of creative business and leveraging IP has allowed her to negotiate millions in client deals with brands such as Nike, Under Armour, Apple Music, Pandora, Discovery Channel, iHeartMedia, VH1, and AT&T.
Her work protecting clients has been featured by Black Enterprise, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Atlanta Business Chronicle, and Essence.
Shay was named a SuperLawyer 2020 Rising Star Honoree which recognizes the top 2.5% of intellectual property attorneys practicing in the state of Georgia serving as Managing Attorney at the Law Firm of Lawson McKinley located in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood serving the transactional and IP needs of businesses and brands of all sizes.
Billboard Magazine has named Shay a Top Music Attorney in both 2021 and 2022 for her work in the entertainment industry for protecting the brand and legacies of multi-platinum, GRAMMY award winning artists, songwriters, engineers, and producers and has served two consecutive terms as a board member for the Atlanta Chapter of the Recording Academy (GRAMMYS®) as co-chair of Advocacy and Diversity.
About Shay M. Lawson
First Admitted: 2010, Georgia
- , Georgia Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- , Top Music Lawyers, Billboard Magazine, 2022
- , Top Music Lawyers, Billboard Magazine, 2021
- Member - Intellectual Property Section of American Bar Association, 2022
- Elected to Board of Songwriters of North America, 2021
- Member of Intellectual Property Section of State Bar of Georgia, 2021
- Member of Intellectual Property Section of State Bar of Georgia, 2020
- Advocacy Co-Chair + Re-Elected Board of Governors for Recording Academy Atlanta Chapter, 2019
- Member of Intellectual Property Section of State Bar of Georgia, 2018
- Elected Board of Governors for Recording Academy Atlanta Chapter, 2017
- Member of Sport and Entertainment Section of State Bar of Georgia, 2017
- Business Consultants
- Design Firms
- Marketing Agencies
- Online Retail (shopify
- social media influencers
- Managing Attorney @shaymlawson on @FOX5DC Analysis: Controversy over song on Beyoncé’s new album https://t.co/GUtV4mthNc
- You shouldn't have to guess at legally protecting your business. Connect with the @lmlawfirm for a consultation to… https://t.co/cyALfIR3jH
- We are officially half way through 2021. What did you think you would have done by now? What do you still have time… https://t.co/SBY5ICmjri
- "The real test is not whether you will avoid failure, because you won't" - Barack Obama JUNE is here. We are at th… https://t.co/lxudMNfBjj
Last Updated: 6/3/2022