Steven R. Thornton
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThornton Law Firm, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability
Licensed in Georgia since: 1992
Education: University of Georgia School of Law
Thornton Law Firm, P.C.Two Ravinia Drive
Atlanta, GA 30346 Phone: 770-558-3140 Email: Steven R. Thornton Visit website
Steve Thornton is the owner and founder of Thornton Law Firm, P.C. in Atlanta, Georgia. Steve grew up in Atlanta and has practiced personal injury law in Atlanta for over 24 years. Steve is a competitive and compassionate lawyer who fights and wins for his clients. As a lawyer on the side of people, Steve believes that his clients are entitled to recover full compensation for their physical injuries or wrongful death suffered in preventable accidents caused by the negligence of others. Steve has been a Georgia Super Lawyer in 2005 and 2007-2017. He is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating available to any individual lawyer. Steve has received a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo.com, a leading rating service for lawyers across the country. He frequently teaches other lawyers at legal education seminars and handles cases that have been referred to him by other attorneys. Steve is a “Double Dawg” who received both his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Georgia. When not working on his cases, Steve enjoys competitive bike riding, attending Georgia football games, participating in church life at St. Luke’s Presbyterian Church, and spending time with his wife and two daughters.
First Admitted: 1992, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.thornton-lawfirm.com/attorneyprofile.html
- A driver turned in front of another vehicle when it was dark and raining, causing a high speed crash. The Plaintiff had injuries but no surgery. Jury verdict of $250,000 in 2015 in a conservative county.
- Two dogs chased a man and caused him to fall and break his leg. Settlement of $300,000 in 2013, which was the insurance limits of the dogs' owner.
- A small business owner was catastrophically injured on commercial property in November 2013. The injury occurred due to a dangerous hidden condition on the property. After two years of hard-fought litigation, we settled the case in 2015 for the insurance policy limits of $1,000,000.
- A man was killed on a construction site. Settlement of $3,740,000.
- Description: A man lost his eye when he was stabbed by an assailant. A nearby security guard watched the attack and did nothing because he thought they were engaged in horseplay. Jury verdict of $1,000,000.
- A tractor-trailer rear-ended a family on the interstate highway in Atlanta, Georgia, killing a child. Settlement of $2,875,000 within 90 days of the wreck.
- A worker sustained a head injury was struck by a large antenna that fell from a cellular tower. Settlement of $1,750,000.
- A boy was killed when a tractor-trailer ran a red light and struck a car from the side. Settlement of $2,250,000 within 6 months of wreck.
- Following a fatal car wreck, the insurance company denied coverage under the policy. Verdict in 2013 that the insurance policy applied, resulting in payment of $1,100,000, which was the limits of the insurance policy.
- A commercial van struck a driver from the rear, causing minimal property damage but serious injuries. Settlement of $750,000 in 2016.
- American Association for Justice.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- Georgia State Bar Association.
- High Honors Graduate, University of Georgia, 1987.
- Honors Graduate, University of Georgia School of Law, 1992.
- 10.0 rating from Avvo.com since 2009.
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell since 2006.
- Winning Settlement Demand Packages, Seminar Chair 2008, 2010; Plaintiff's Personal Injury , Seminar 2009, 2010; Maximizing Your Client’s Recovery, Seminar 2007; Effective Use of Focus Groups, Seminar 2005, 2007; University of Georgia Trial Skills Clinic, Instructor 2004, 2006; Using Demonstrative Evidence and Technology, Seminar 2004; Subrogation and Lien Issues, Seminar 2003; Powerful Multi-Media Techniques at Mediation, Seminar 2002, 2003; The Layman’s Lawyer, television appearance, 2001; Direct Examination of Plaintiff’s Medical Witness, Seminar 2001, 2002; Premises Liability for Criminal Attacks, Seminar 2000.
- University of Georgia, BBA, cum laude, 1987
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2005