Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Atlanta, GA
A passionate trial attorney and a partner at the law firm of Pate, Johnson & Church LLC in Atlanta, Georgia, Thomas Church’s practice is based on a desire to help common people who are facing a federal or state criminal accusation or personal injury. He devises the most effective defense strategies for clients who are up against charges such as:
- Assault, murder and battery
- Theft and fraud
- Child molestation and kidnapping
- Gun charges and weapons offenses
- Sex offenses and rape
- White collar crimes
- Drug trafficking and conspiracy
- Immigration offenses
Licensed to practice in Georgia since 2017, Mr. Church completed his Bachelor of Arts in sociology and history at Emory University in 2012. He earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law. While there, he was a part of the UGA Moot Court Team and Mock Trial Team and participated in a corporate litigation course with Vice Chancellor Sam Glasscock III.
Mr. Church functioned as a research assistant to professors Dan Coenen and Michael Wells and gained practical knowledge on constitutional law and litigation. He interned at the Atlanta Legal Aid Society and worked with several other esteemed Atlanta law firms before partnering with Pate, Johnson & Church LLC.
Backed by a track record of success, Mr. Church has obtained many dismissals on behalf of his clients facing complex criminal charges. Furthermore, he has filed multiple motions with courts seeking compassionate release for prison inmates across the U.S. for an early release during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Over his time in practice, Mr. Church has gained many awards and recognitions from prestigious organizations. He was selected for inclusion in the Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers in Georgia by The National Trial Lawyers. For his early career accomplishments, he was listed in the “Ones to Watch” in America in 2021 by Best Lawyers.
- 20%Criminal Defense
- 60%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Murder, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Appeals
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023
About Thomas Church
First Admitted: 2017, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.pagepate.com/our-firm/attorney-tom-church/
- , Selected as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers in Georgia, National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Best Lawyers as “One to Watch” in 2021 and 2022
- @AnthonyMKreis And the executive branch, in many ways. But Congress may be the most dysfunctional of them all so I wouldn’t hold my breath.
- This is what the DOJ does when they lose a motion? https://t.co/xk3gWOpWjx
- @radleybalko And, of course, neither is completely true.
- @AnthonyMKreis Stacking, not staking. Can’t wait for that edit feature to arrive
- @AnthonyMKreis Yep. It seems they are just staking predicate acts right now.
Last Updated: 8/30/2022