Thomas J. Mihill
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Atlanta, GA
A partner at Thomas J. Mihill; Owen Gleaton, LLP, Thomas J. Mihill provides a variety of services for his personal and business clients throughout the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. His practice includes civil litigation involving intellectual property as well as other types of business disputes. In the entertainment law area, Mr. Mihill represents musicians and other performing artists, fashion designers and other professionals who need assistance with business formation, contracts, and copyright and trademark registration and protection.
Another aspect of Mr. Mihill's trial experience includes probate and estate litigation. This has included will contests and other inheritance disputes, and he has represented both beneficiaries as well as fiduciaries in this regard. He also provides assistance to video game companies in the areas of development contracts, employment agreements, licensing, nondisclosure and noncompete agreements, and trade secret protection. In addition, Mr. Mihill has extensive experience in representing residential and commercial property owners in construction defect lawsuits, and his construction background also includes the filing of mechanic's liens. His successful track record in all of his practice areas as well as his high degree of ethics have earned him a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Mihill received a Bachelor of Arts in English literature from the University of Florida in 1994. He subsequently obtained a Master of Arts in English from the University of Central Florida in 2000. Deciding that he wanted to pursue a legal career, Mr. Mihill enrolled at the Georgia State University College of Law, and he served on the Georgia State University Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor magna cum laude in 2004. Admitted to practice in Georgia, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
About Thomas J. Mihill
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.atlbusinesslawyers.com/atlanta-attorney-business...
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009 - 2011
- Urim Corporation v. Steven L. Krongold and Mark T. Palin (U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia)
- Carson-Hall, Inc. v. James B. Gandy and Annette Davis (Superior Court of Douglas County)
- CCP hf and CCP North America, Inc. v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia)
- Rebel's Pantry, Inc., Wayne L. Lawrence v. Noble Petroleum Transport, LLC (State Court of Fulton County)
- Mary Wojcik, et al. v. Windmill Lake Apartments, et al (State Court of Cobb County)
- Rebel's Pantry, Inc., Wayne L. Lawrence v. The Right Stuff Food Stores, Inc. (State Court of Fulton County)
- Douglas Asphalt Company, Joel H. Spivey, and Kyle Spivey v. Qore, Inc., et al. (U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, Brunswick Division)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, International Game Developers Association
- Member, Counsel, Georgia Game Developers Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Vice-Chair, Intellectual Property Section's Committee on Computer Games and Virtual Worlds, American Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Cobb County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022