Thomas Reynolds Jr.
Top rated entertainment & sports attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaReynolds Law Group LLC
Thomas Reynolds is an attorney and the managing partner of Reynolds Law Group, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Mr. Reynolds represents clients throughout the United States and focuses his practice on hi-profile personal injury and entertainment matters. Mr. Reynolds has been featured on CBS News, NBC News, US News & Reports, ABC News, TMZ, New York Post, and a number of other local, national, and international media outlets. Mr. Reynolds has served as lead counsel on numerous jury trials and has been recognized by Multi-Million Dollar Advocates for his victories which include one of 2018's highest jury awards in Georgia for wrongful death and premise liability. Mr. Reynolds has been recognized as a Super Lawyer and a Rising Star in the State of Georgia, for the past three years in a row (2017, 2018, and 2019); an honor awarded by legal community peers of judges and lawyers to only 2.5% of attorneys.
Mr. Reynolds is a graduate of Morehouse College and earned his law degree from Columbia Law School. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of both Georgia and Pennsylvania. Mr. Reynolds is also a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA), Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association (BESLA), and the American Bar Association.
With a background in both corporate, real estate, and entertainment law, Mr. Reynolds has been trusted to provide legal services on deals with some of the worlds most established brands in business including Universal Music Group, Sony Television and Sony Music, and Warner Music Group, Walgreens, Haliburton, S&P, General Electric and others. Before founding Reynolds Law Group, Mr. Reynolds worked for some of the largest international law firms which we based out of Georgia and Pennsylvania.
Throughout his career, Mr. Reynolds has been the recipient of a variety of awards and recognition. He is a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society. He is also listed in Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Madison’s Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals Throughout the World, Inc., has been interviewed by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), and has consistently received "Top 10" and "10 Best" lawyer awards for Client Satisfaction, Personal Injury and Entertainment Law.
The Reynolds Law Group offers clients unrivaled legal guidance in the areas of personal injury, entertainment law, real estate, premise liability, business tort litigation, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. The firm also offers legal services in a variety of other practice areas including oil and gas, immigration, family law, corporate formation, and criminal law.
The Reynolds Law Group prides themselves on having a firm with a diverse core staff of experienced and dedicated lawyers and paralegals, some of which have graduated from the nation’s top law schools or worked for the country’s top law firms. The practice at Reynolds Law Group, LLC, covers three states and the cities of Atlanta, New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. In addition to those areas, cases in Texas and Florida have also been handled with the assistance of local counsel.
Practice areasEntertainment & sports, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Business/corporate, Real estate: business
Entertainment, sports & leisure law, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Premises liability - plaintiff, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Contracts, Business organizations, Landlord/tenant
First Admitted: 2007, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://www.thomasreynoldslaw.com/About/Thomas-Reynolds.shtm...
- Columbia Law School, 2004
- Morehouse College, with honors, 2001
- Mr. Reynolds was asked to speak on the 11 Alive/NBC television program Atlanta & Co about his firms recent $4.6M jury verdict and firm's other areas of practice. , 11Alive/NBC - Atlanta & Company Interview, Personal Injury, 2018
- Attorney Thomas Reynolds and the Reynolds Law Group are engaged by a minor and her family in connection with sexual assault allegations against an East Point Police Officer. After the Reynolds Law Group was retained it was determined that the officer had been previously accused of three prior sexual assault allegations. , RLG - Represents Sexual Assault Victim against Police Officer , Sexual Assault, 2018
- 100 Black Men of America (Dekalb County Chapter) - Member, 2019
- 100 Black Men of America (Dekalb County Chapter) - Member, 2020
- Serve as Deacon and Trustee at Noonday Missionary Baptist Church, 2020
- Ordained as Deacon at Noonday Missionary Baptist Church in Marietta, GA, 2019
- Co-Chair of Men's Ministry at Noonday Missionary Baptist Church, 2017
- United States Coast Guard/National Association of State Boating License Administrators - Boating Certification, 2019
- Recording Academy Member (Atlanta Chapter), 2020
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association. Since 1956, GTLA has worked tirelessly to ensure that everyday citizens, Georgia families and small businesses are never deprived of their constitutional guarantee of access to true justice. The Mission of GTLA is simple: We are dedicated to protecting the Constitutional promise of justice for all by guaranteeing the right to trial by jury, preserving an independent judiciary, and providing access to the courts for all Georgians., 2020
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA) - Member, 2019
- Recording Academy Member (Atlanta Chapter), 2019
- Black Entertainment and Sports Law Association - Member, 2016
- National Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, 2008
- State Bar of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Admitted as Professional Member of the Recording Academy (Grammy-Awards), 2020
- AVVO Superb 10.0 Rating/ Top Attorney, Avvo - Top Attorney Entertainment, Avvo, 2020
- Super Lawyers - A peer nominated honor awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in the state annually., Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2019
- Super Lawyers - A highly selective peer nominated honor awarded to only 2.5% of attorneys in the state annually., Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2018
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, awarded to 2.5% of Attorneys in the state annually., Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2017
- Received AV Preemnent lawyer rating from Martindale Hubbell, AV Preemnent, Martindale-Hubbel
- 10 Best In Client Satisfaction - Litigation, Lawsuits, Disputes Division, 10 Best, 2016
- Top Lawyer Award for Who's Who , Who's Who, 2016
- Award Winner for Best of 2016 Atlanta, Entertainment and Sports Lawyers, Best of 2016 Atlanta, Best of Atlanta, 2016
- WHO’s WHO of industry professionals, 2008-2009
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, Columbia Law School
- Deans List, Golden Key Honor Society, Morehouse College
- 1501 Certified Entertainment (Megan thee Stallion) and Former MLB All-Star Carl Crawford, 2020
- MTV Movie & TV Award Winner/Love & HipHop Atlanta cast member - Karlie Lewis p/k/a "Karlie Redd", 2020
- RIAA Certified Platinum Recording Artist - "Lloyd" / Young Goldie Music. Negotiated producer agreements and distribution deal with Empire/Universal., 2020
- Award Winning Multi-Platinum Record Producers Henny tha Bizness and Kennard Garret p/k/a "WestView Drive" (credits include Sting, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Shaggy, Ray Charles, Drake, etc), 2020
- Cash Money Records/RIAA Certified Platinum recording artist "Young Greatness", 2018
- Served as subject matter expert to Oil & Gas company Haliburton – primary responsibilities included reviewing domestic and international purchase and sale agreements, service contracts, utility easements, assignment of rights, deeds, and title documents., 2016
- Served as subject matter expert for real estate matters during Walgreens due diligence period for $9.4 billion dollar RiteAide merger - primary responsibilities included reviewing and evaluating real estate assets and liabilities by identifying distinctive and/or problematic aspects of contractual obligations, renewal rights, payment provisions, tenant improvement rights, inspection requirements, utility obligations, insurance obligations, repair and maintenance obligations, and summarizing material lease provisions., 2016
- Radric Davis p/k/a "Gucci Mane" and 1017 Brick Squad Records, 2015
- $3,900,000.00 Settlement of Medical Malpractice lawsuit involving wrongful death a pregnant mother due to hospital failure to diagnose. , 2020
- $2,500,000.00 Medical Malpractice Settlement against emergency room physicians in connection with wrongful death matter., 2020
- Successful Copyright Infringement action involving several multi-platinum records and major recording companies,which resulted in Confidential Settlement Agreement in favor of our client., 2019
- $4,600,000.00 Jury Verdict in Wrongful Death/Premise Liability matter against apartment complex. One of the highest premise liability verdicts in the state of Georgia for the 2018 calendar year. Note: Heavily disputed liability which resulted in apportionment reduction of 30%., 2018
- $1,000,000.00 Settlement in Premise Liability / Wrongful Death matter involving military veteran pursuant to a limited release which retained rights to pursue additional $25,000,000.00 in excess liability., 2017
- Negotiated Co-Publishing Agreement with Sony/ATV valued at up to $4,000,000.00., 2019
- Negotiated deal for client's Life-Story Rights to Sony Television., 2019
- Successfully negotiated Quality Control/Cash Money Records transfer of RIAA Certified Platinum recording artist Young Greatness ("Moolah"), 2017
- Facilitated transfer of RIAA Platinum recording artist Young Thug's recording contract from 1017 Brick Squad to 300 Entertainment. , 2015
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Injury
- Trial Advocacy
Office location for Thomas Reynolds Jr.
3390 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019