Warren N. Sams, III
Top rated personal injury attorney in Atlanta, GeorgiaThe Sams Law Firm
The founder of the Atlanta-based firm The Sams Law Firm in Georgia, Warren N. Sams III is the sole attorney at the firm. He is dedicated to assisting his clients in matters involving personal injury, construction litigation, employment disputes and motor vehicle accidents.
A proud alumnus of Yale University, Mr. Sams has an undergraduate degree in politics and graduated from his alma mater in 1986. He enrolled at the University of Virginia to pursue his legal studies and received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1989.
Practicing law in Georgia since 1990, Mr. Sams represents his clients in state, federal and appellate courts in the state, including the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He has served as the lead and co-counsel in several mediation, trial and arbitration cases across the state and at times outside Georgia as well.
With his extensive experience and knowledge acquired over more than three decades, Mr. Sams has proven to be a top-notch attorney. Many of his previous clients have described him as a professional who is compassionate, warm and extremely respectful of them throughout the entire process. He understands how heartbreaking and physically traumatic it is to be a victim of motor vehicle accidents and strives to fight zealously to hold the at-fault person accountable and secure justice for his clients.
Mr. Sams’ work and contribution to the legal field are highly recognized and The National Trial Lawyers honored him by including him on the Top 100 Trial Lawyers list. His peers have rated him AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, and he also holds a score of 9.5 on a scale of 10 on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Construction litigation: business, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Construction accident, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Construction defects, Medical malpractice
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 40% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1990, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.samslaw.net/About-Us/about-warren-sams.html
- AV Martindale-Hubbell Rating, 2000 - 2012
- Delta Kappa Epsilon
- Post Conviction Assistance Project, University of Virginia School of Law, 1989
- One of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2011
- Past President, Yale Club of Georgia
- Past Member, Board of Governors, Association of Yale Alumni
- Athens Regional Health Services, Inc.
- Gresham Smith & Partners
- The Power Oil Company, Inc.
- McGarrity-Garcia Residential, LLC
- Diversified Capital Resources
- Comfort Dental Studio, Inc.
- Builders II, Inc.
- Lawrence Design Group
- Omni Prepaid Cellular
- West End Enterprises, Inc.
- Catastrophic injuries and wrongful death
- Tractor-trailer collisions
- In 2011, the Firm won an $8 million wrongful death verdict in Gwinnett County that was the largest wrongful death verdict on record for that county. The Firm also obtained more than $5 million in personal injury and medical malpractice settlements in 2011.
- J. Lee Gregory, Inc. v. Scandinavian House, LP, 209 Ga. App. 285, 433 S.E.2d 687 (1993)
- MNM 5 v. Anderson/6438 Northeast Partners, 215 Ga. App. 407; 451 S.E.2d 788 (1994)
- Cargile v. Horton Homes, Inc., 56 F.3d 1391 (11th Cir. 1995)
- Bennett v. Cotton, 244 Ga. App. 784, 536 S.E.2d 802 (2000)
- Bennett v. Builders II, Inc., 237 Ga. App. 756, 516 S.E.2d 808 (1999)
- Rockdale Health Sys. v. Holder, 280 Ga. App. 298 (2006)
- Board of Regents v. Doe, 278 Ga. App. 878, 630 S.E.2d 85 (2006)
- Association of Yale Alumni's, Board of Governors
- Yale University, Board's legal affairs representative
- Georgia, 1990
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1991
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, B.A. in Political Science, Honors: Yale University Varsity Football, 1986
- Frequent Lecturer, Seminars on Construction Law, OSHA Regulations, Construction Claims Documentation and Maximizing Jury Verdicts
Office location for Warren N. Sams, III
100 Parkwood Circle
Atlanta, GA 30339
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023