A seasoned health care law attorney, Kevin S. Little is a partner at the Augusta, Georgia, law firm of Hamil Little PC. With knowledge of the complex challenges facing health care entities, he strives to deliver competent advice and a unique perspective when counseling them. He serves clients across Georgia and South Carolina.
Mr. Little understands that health care is among the most intricate and heavily regulated industries in the U.S. and provides diligent representation to a variety of health care industry participants such as entrepreneurs, doctors, physicians, federally licensed health centers, elder care homes, labs, ambulance services and other professionals.
Over his three-decade career, Mr. Little has handled unique legal matters, including those involving health care regulatory compliance, staffing and employment issues, HIPAA compliance, restrictive covenants, staff and credentialing issues, contract breach, medical board and professional licensure, joint ventures, Stark Law, the federal Anti-kickback Statute, hospital bylaws and audit defense.
No matter the issue, Mr. Little remains focused on finding the right resolutions for his clients. He has procured positive verdicts for his clients at the state, trial and appellate levels and at arbitrations and mediations, when possible. He is licensed to practice in Georgia (1992), South Carolina (1995), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th and 4th Circuits, the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Georgia as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina.
After completing his BBA at Augusta University, Mr. Little earned his J.D. from the Georgia State University College of Law, where he was a Moot Court Justice Brief Grader and Coach and a recipient of the Am. Jur. Award in litigation and secured transactions. He served as a law clerk for the Hon. John S. Dalis at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Georgia and later for Hon. Dudley H. Bowen Jr. at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
An efficient speaker and presenter, Mr. Little has participated in multiple conferences and seminars. He maintains active memberships in the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), the Business and Health Law Sections of the State Bar of Georgia and South Carolina Bar, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Medical Group Management Association, the Georgia State University, the Georgia Medical Group Management Association, the Augusta Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association and the Aiken Chamber of Commerce.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Little was named to the Best Employment Lawyers list in Augusta in 2021 by Expertise.com; rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and selected in the Top Lawyers list by Atlanta magazine. Additionally, he was recognized by the Best Lawyers and bestowed with the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award along with a 10.0 rating.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasHealth care
Health & health care law
- 100% Health care
First Admitted: 1992, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.ksllawfirm.com/kevin-s-little/
- Augusta's Men Who Care
- Augusta University medical Center
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Superior Advocates.
- Best Lawyers
- Physician Seminar, American Osteopathic Association, 2019: Setting up a Concierge Medical Practice: Pointers and Pitfalls
- Efficiency in practice: Guidelines for Physician Review of Health Plan Contracts, 2013
- Medical Association of Georgia: Guidelines for Physician Review of Health Plan Contracts, 2013
- Aiken Lunch/Learn Business Boot Camp Series: Must I Pay “Manager” for Overtime?, 2013
- Efficiency in practice: Financial Ramifications for Physician Practices of ACA Deductibles: Getting Paid for “Affordable Care”, 2014
- Efficiency In Health: The Affordable Care Act & Qui Tam Whistleblower Claims, 2014
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor: Financial Ramifications for Physician Practices of ACA Deductibles: Getting Paid for “Affordable Care”, 2014
- In Health Consulting & Educational Services National Tele-Class Series: Financial Ramifications for Physician Practices of ACA Deductibles, 2014
- In Health Consulting & Educational Services National Tele-Class Series: Update on Physician Employment Agreements, 2014
- The Ambulatory M&A Advisor: The Right Approach to Obtain a Good Physician Employment Agreement, 2015
- Physician Webinar: Physician Employment Agreements, 2015
- Stark Law and Other Self-Referral Laws that Physicians Need to Know: Physician Self-Referral Law Webinar, 2016
- Physician Webinar: Physician as W2 or 1099? Why Proper Classification of a Physician as “Employee” or “Independent Contractor” is Essential, 2017
- Seminar, American Academy of Private Practice in Speech Pathology and Audiology’s Annual Business Conference in Atlanta, 2018: Building Your Practice with a Vision to Sell.
- Moot Court Board, Moot Court Justice Brief Grader, and Coach; Am. Jur. Award in Litigation, Am. Jur. Award in Secured Transactions, Georgia State University College of Law
- , “10” by AVVO
- , Martindale Hubbell prestigious AV-rating
- , Best Lawyers
- , Super Lawyers
- Augusta University, B.B.A.
- Health Care Industry
Office location for Kevin S. Little
1450 Greene St
Augusta, GA 30901
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023