Danielle Britt Mays
Top rated Family Law attorney in Buford, GeorgiaChandler, Britt & Jay, LLC
Danielle Britt Mays is an attorney with Chandler, Britt & Jay, LLC, law firm in Buford, Georgia. A top-rated trial attorney with more than eight years of total legal experience, Ms. Mays focuses her practice primarily on family law, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Atlanta metro and surrounding areas of North Georgia who have serious and pressing legal challenges involving any of the following:
· Custody and visitation
· Modifications of existing court orders
· Paternity and legitimization
· Grandparents’ and other relatives’ rights
· Family violence and orders of protection
· Juvenile law
Along with family law, Ms. Mays has extensive criminal defense experience, and she has served as a public defender and indigent defense trial attorney with Polk and Gwinnett counties. Well-versed in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution techniques, she strives to help her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements outside of court whenever possible, but she will not hesitate to take her clients' issues to court when necessary.
Recognized for her success as well as her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Ms. Mays has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, and she has received Superb client ratings on Avvo. She has also received numerous positive testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients, and Best of Gwinnett voted her among the best attorneys in her area in 2019.
A native of Buford, Ms. Mays graduated magna cum laude from Buford High School in 2005, and she received her Bachelor of Arts in history, magna cum laude, from the University of Georgia in 2009. She then attended Mercer University - Walter F. George School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude in 2012. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals of Georgia and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Mays has served in several leadership roles with the Gwinnett County Bar Association, where she currently serves as vice president. She is also a member of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the State Bar of Georgia's Family Law and Criminal Defense sections, and she served as president of the Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association from 2013 to 2014. She is also a former member of the National Criminal Defense College staff.
Practice areasFamily Law, Criminal Defense
Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Paternity
- 50% Family Law
- 50% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2012, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://cbjblawfirm.com/attorney-profiles/danielle-britt-may...
- University of Georgia, B.A. History, Magna Cum Laude, 2009
- Buford High School, Magna Cum Laude, 2005
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2015
- Georgia Supreme Court and Court of Appeals of Georgia, 2014
- National Criminal Defense College, Staff Member, 2010
- Georgia, 2012
- Tallapoosa Circuit Drug Treatment Court Defense Attorney, 2013 - 2014
- Gwinnett County Bar Association: Vice President (Current) Treasurer (2018-2019) Secretary (2017-2018) Section Membership: Family Law, Criminal Defense, Solo and Small Firm Law Day Chair (2016-2017) Gwinnett County Drug Court Defense Attorney (2014-Present)
- Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association, President, 2013 - 2014
- State Bar of Georgia (2012-Present) Section Membership: Family Law, Criminal and Defense
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2009 - Present
Office location for Danielle Britt Mays
4350 S. Lee Street
Buford, GA 30518
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022