Carrie P. Trotter
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Cartersville, GeorgiaTilley Deems & Trotter, LLC
Attorney Carrie P. Trotter is a partner with the Tilley Deems & Trotter, LLC, law firm in Cartersville, Georgia. A native of the area, Ms. Trotter has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the residents and businesses of her community. She represents clients throughout Bartow, Gordon, Paulding and Cobb counties who have legal needs involving estate planning and probate, real estate closings and foreclosures, business organization and planning, and general corporate counseling.
A graduate of Cartersville High School, Ms. Trotter earned her Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Georgia in 2006. She then attended Georgia State University College of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2009. She received her license to practice from the State Bar of Georgia that same year, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Trotter is a member of the State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division and is a graduate of the organization's 2011 Leadership Academy class. She also served as the Young Lawyers Division's Executive Council Northern District Representative from 2011 to 2013 and was a member of the division's board of directors in 2012. Additionally, she is a member of the Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association.
Committed to her local community as well, Ms. Trotter is involved with the Cartersville-Bartow County Chamber of Commerce, where she served with the Leadership Bartow program and served as its chair from 2016 to 2017. She has been a member of the Board of Directors for the BLESS Coalition, a local non-profit working in the community, since 2018. She currently serves as a member of the Board of Directors for the Northwest Georgia Community Foundation (Cartersville-Bartow County affiliate board). In 2022, Carrie was asked to join the capital campaign committee for Advocates for Bartow's Children, Inc.
As an attorney, Ms. Trotter has earned a reputation as a personable and compassionate legal professional who always strives to provide the highest level of personalized attention and dedicated support to those she serves. In recognition for her commitment to her clients as well as her community, she has earned numerous accolades from her peers along with many positive reviews and referrals from her satisfied clients.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Business/corporate, Elder law, Estate & trust litigation, Real estate: consumer
Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Will contests, Mortgage & refinance
- 60% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Elder law
- 10% Estate & trust litigation
- 10% Real estate: consumer
First Admitted: 2009, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://tdhtlaw.com/tdt/meetcarrie/
- Co-Chair, Solo and Small Practice Firms Committee of the YLD
- Board of Directors for the YLD, 2012
- Georgia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Executive Council Northern District Representative, 2011 - 2013
- Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Georgia Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, Class of 2011
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia, 2009
- Chair, Youth Leadership Bartow program, 2016 and 2017
- Member, Capital Campaign Steering Committee, Advocates for Bartow's Children, Inc., 2022
- Member of the Board of Directors, Northwest Georgia Community Foudnation, Inc., Cartersville-Bartow County affiliate, 2019
- Member of the Board of Directors for BLESS Coalition, Inc., 2018
- Leadership Bartow, Cartersville-Bartow Chamber of Commerce
- Youth Leadership Bartow program, 2015
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Major: English , 2006
- Cartersville High School
Office location for Carrie P. Trotter
319 East Church St
PO Box 2943
Cartersville, GA 30120
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023