S. Lester Tate, III
Top rated personal injury attorney in Cartersville, GeorgiaAkin & Tate, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Criminal defense, General litigation; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 1987
Education: University of South Carolina School of Law
Akin & Tate, P.C.11 Public Square
PO Box 878
Cartersville, GA 30120 Visit website
A trial lawyer and shareholder at the Akin & Tate law firm in Cartersville, Georgia, S. Lester Tate, III, has a considerable amount of experience defending the rights of those harmed through no fault of their own. Licensed to practice law in Georgia since 1987, he takes on cases including, but not limited to:
· Personal injury
· Workers’ compensation
· Wrongful death
· Car and truck accidents
· Criminal defense
· Product liability
· Attorney discipline
In addition to personal injury matters, Mr. Tate has immense experience fighting for those accused of committing state and federal crimes, including conspiracy and murder. He also has experience with cases involving shareholder rights and ballot access issues. Mr. Tate is a tireless and zealous advocate for his clients who have been injured because of the negligence of another party. With a firm commitment to his clients’ needs, he has a long list of having obtained numerous million-dollar and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients.
With a bachelor’s degree in industrial management from the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business, Mr. Tate worked for the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives. He then went on to pursue law and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where served on the South Carolina Law Review.
An active participant in the legal community, Mr. Tate is a board member of the Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia, Georgia Tech’s School of Literature, Media, and Communications, and the Civil Justice PAC, Inc. In honor of the remarkable legal services he provides, Mr. Tate has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo and has gained several endorsements from his peers. Georgia Trend Magazine named him to its Georgia’s Legal Elite list.
Being the 48th president of the State Bar of Georgia, Mr. Tate is the national treasurer of the American Board of Trial Advocates and serves as a member at the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates. He is a fellow at the International Society of Barristers, an honorary society for trial lawyers, which is invitation only. Serving as a senior fellow at the Litigation Counsel of America, an honorary society for less than 1% of American lawyers with immense courtroom experience, he is also named to the list of advocates by the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Tate has memberships in several renowned legal associations, including the American Association for Justice, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Georgia Federal Bar Association, the Bartow County Bar Association, the Cobb County Bar Association, the Atlanta Bar Association, the Old War Horse Lawyers, Inc., and the Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Criminal defense, General litigation, Workers' compensation: claimant
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Criminal law, Felony, Murder, Litigation
- 70% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Criminal defense
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1987, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://akintate.com/team/s-lester-tate-iii/
- Multiple multi-million dollar judgments, verdicts and settlements.
- Volunteer General Counsel, Advocates for Bartow's Children
- Member, Community Foundation of Northwest Georgia Board of Directors, 2016
- Member, Georgia Tech School of Literature, Media, and Communications' Board of Advisors, 2016
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- , Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Fellow and Ranked Advocate
- American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Co-recipient (with other members of the Judicial Qualifications Commission) of the Weltner Award, given by the Georgia First Amendment Foundation, 2014
- President, Southeastern Chapter of The American Board of Trial Advocates , 2021
- National Treasurer-elect, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2021
- Member, American Bar Association House of Delegates
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates, Georgia Chapter, 2017
- President, State Bar of Georgia, 2010
- Board Member, Georgia Trial Lawyer Political Action Committee Board
Office location for S. Lester Tate, III
11 Public Square
PO Box 878
Cartersville, GA 30120
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2009 - 2012, 2014 - 2023