William L. Lundy, Jr.
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Cedartown, GeorgiaParker & Lundy
Attorney William L. Lundy Jr. is a founder of Parker and Lundy, a law firm in Cedartown, Georgia. Mr. Lundy dedicates his practice to personal injury and workers' compensation, representing individuals injured in motor vehicle and tractor-trailer accidents and more. He also works with cases involving wrongful death, elder abuse and nursing home negligence. He represents clients in Cedartown, Buchanan, Cartersville and Rome, as well as throughout North Georgia, including Bartow, Floyd, Haralson and Polk counties.
After graduating from Jacksonville State University with degrees in finance and real estate, Mr. Lundy earned his law degree from Samford University's Cumberland School of Law in 1984. While attending law school, he participated on the trial client counseling team and was named to the dean's list. He is admitted to practice in both Georgia and Alabama.
Over the course of his three decades in legal practice, Mr. Lundy has been involved in numerous high-profile cases. He has set state records for the size of the jury awards he recovered on behalf of his clients in more than one case.
Active in professional organizations, Mr. Lundy has served on the board of directors and in other leadership positions for a variety of local groups. He also founded the Cedartown Theatrical Performers Company, LLC, a group that provides theatrical opportunities to local youth.
Mr. Lundy also serves as a speaker at various conferences and seminars. He belongs to organizations including the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Lundy is active in the broadcasting and media industries. Mr. Lundy wrote and starred in his own independent film and has played extras in Hollywood films. He also hosts a local weekday radio show discussing various legal topics and cases.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Medical malpractice
- 40% Workers' compensation
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.parkerandlundy.com/attorney/william-l-lundy-jr/
- March 5, 2011--walker state court, lafayette georgia, $9,502,683 in an abuse in assistd living facility and home health care agency
- U.S. Supreme Court case of Easterwood vs. CSX Transportation, Inc.
- 507 US. 123; 113 S.Ct. (1993)
- 933 F.2d 1548 (11th Circuit GA 1992)
- Hannah, et al vs. country crossing assisted living and hutcheson home health care
- May 16, 2011--costlow vs. rockmart nursing home, et al. $2,000,000
- Carroll vs. simerly, et al, catoosa superior court $409,038.46
- Clinton vs. mccormick trucking company, u.s.federal district court for the northern division of georgia, (rome), $1,004,634.72
- Smith vs. allgood, et al, walker state court, lafayette, georgia
- U.S. Supreme Court victory in a railroad grade crossing case on issues involvinv federal preemption, easterwood vs. csx transportation (1993)
- Turner vs. sales, polk superior court, cedartown, georgia $1,525,000 on november 5, 2011
- Past President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyer Association (GTLA)
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Director on the Board of United Bank and Trust with offices in Cedartown and Rockmart
- Board of Directors, Suntrust Bank in Northwest Georgia
- Chairman, Investigative Panel for Lawyers Discipline for the entire State Bar of Georgia
- President, Tallapoosa Circuit Bar Association
- Chairman, General Practice and Trial Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Dean’s List distinction, Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in Birmingham
- Member, National Trial Client Counseling Team competing nationally, Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in Birmingham
- O.C. Ashworth Award, J.S.U.
- J.S.U. Gamecocks Football, football lettermen’s “J Club”, Attorney
- Member, WCCL Executive Committee
- Christian Academy in Cedartown, Georgia, known as Lundy Christian Academy
- Cedartown Civic Arts Commission, Officer in the Cedartown Jaycees
- Color Analyst for the Cedartown Bulldogs football team (including broadcasting two state championship football games) for WGAA Radio 1340 AM in Cedartown, Georgia
- “Birthday & Anniversary Club”
- Committee of the Alabama Kids Chance Scholarship
- Georgia Kids Chance
- Earned a football scholarship to Jacksonville State University and played from 1977-81
- Member, 3 NCAA Division II Playoff football team
- Member, two Gulf South Conference champions
- He was cast as a featured extra in three Hollywood movies: “Jayne Mansfield’s Car” directed by and starring Billy Bob Thornton, Robert Duvall, and Kevin Bacon, “The Reluctant Fundamentalist” directed by Mira Nair starring Kate Hudson, “42” starring Harrison Ford, and “Trouble With the Curve” starring Clint Eastwood.
- He was cast as a featured extra in the pilot episode of “The Following,” a television show starring Kevin Bacon
- Cedartown High School, 1977
- J.S.U., B.S., Majors: Finance and Real Estate, Honors: President of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, 1981
- numerous speaking engagements for seminars around the state of georgia involving demonstrative evidence in a jury trial; demonstrative evidence at mediations; tractor trailer litigation seminars; workers compensation seminars; general practice and trial section seminars.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association; Amercian Association For Justice; Fellow
- Lawyers Foundation Of Georgia; Lawyers Club Of Atlanta
Office location for William L. Lundy, Jr.
212 Main Street
Cedartown, GA 30125
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023