Jason B. Branch
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Columbus, GeorgiaPhilips Branch & Hodges
Attorney Jason B. Branch practices at Philips Branch & Hodges in Columbus, Georgia. Mr. Branch serves clients in both Columbus and Phenix City, Alabama, in personal injury matters involving motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death and other serious injuries.
Licensed as an attorney since 1998, Mr. Branch holds a bachelor’s degree from Davidson College, graduating cum laude, and he earned his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law, graduating magna cum laude. During law school, he was a member of the Georgia Law Review and the Order of the Coif.
Mr. Branch helped build his foundation of legal knowledge by clerking for a judge before becoming a personal injury attorney. He has subsequently attained many million and multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of those he serves.
This experience has led to Mr. Branch being a recognized attorney in the field of personal injury law. He is rated AV Preeminent* by the prominent peer review group Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been featured on the National Trial Lawyers “Top 40 Under 40” list and on the organization’s “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” list. He was also named one of the “Top 5 Under 40” by Columbus and the Valley magazine.
Mr. Branch is involved in several professional organizations, including the Columbus Trial Lawyers Association, where he has served as Vice President and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, where he currently serves as an officer and member of the Executive Committee. He also belongs to the Columbus American Inn of Court. He is also passionate about giving back to the legal community by presenting at continuing legal education seminars. He also serves as a member of the Civil Justice PAC, Inc. Board of Directors, where he served as Chairman in 2018-2019. He also serves on multiple Boards of local organizations benefitting the Columbus community, including Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Brookstone School.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, General litigation
Medical malpractice, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Litigation
- 70% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 1998, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://philips-branch.com/attorneys/jason-b-branch/
- Brookstone School, Inc. Board of Trustees, Member and Chairman of the Board 2017-2020
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, officer and member of the Executive Committee
- Civil Justice PAC, Inc., Board of Directors and Chairman 2018-2019
- Columbus Inn of Court, Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Columbus Trial Lawyers Association, former Vice President
- Columbus Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Georgia Law Review, Member, University of Georgia School of Law
- Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Meetings
- The Order of the Coif, University of Georgia School of Law
- Selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2013
- Selected as a Georgia Rising Star, recognizing the top lawyers in Georgia under 40, for 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Talmadge Scholar, University of Georgia School of Law
- Selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 and as one of Columbus and the Valley Magazine’s top “5 under 40”, 2012
- Davidson College, cum laude
- On October 20, 2009, a Muscogee County, Georgia jury awarded plaintiff a $6,000,001.00 verdict in a medical malpractice action involving the death of a 43 year old mother, who died as result of a pulmonary embolus after undergoing surgery at a local hospital
Office location for Jason B. Branch
105 13th Street, Suite B
Columbus, GA 31902
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2007, 2009 - 2013