Lani G. Skipper
Top rated family law attorney in Dallas, GeorgiaSkipper Law, LLC
At Skipper Law, LLC, Lani G. Skipper is a family law attorney, also handling cases of government relations, general litigation and alternative dispute resolution. A former associate juvenile court judge, she represents clients in the Atlanta metropolitan area, including Dallas, Cartersville, Kennesaw, Rome, Cedartown, Mableton, Douglasville and Calhoun. Her clients are also spread throughout Douglas, Polk, Cobb, Bartow, Paulding and Gordon counties.
Ms. Skipper is a member of the Paulding Chamber of Commerce, the American Bar Association, the International Municipal Lawyers Association and the Paulding County Bar Association. Fluent in German and English, Ms. Skipper has also been named one of Georgia’s Best Lawyers and a Lawyer of Distinction, and she is involved with the Georgia Pro Bono project.
In addition to family law, Ms. Skipper serves as General Counsel for Fairfield Plantation in Carroll County, Georgia.
Handling cases of dispute mediation, child custody, guardian ad litem assignments, divorce and other family law issues, Ms. Skipper is admitted to practice in Georgia state courts, including the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals, as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the United States Supreme Court. For 21 years, Ms. Skipper worked as the attorney for Paulding County and has extensive, varied experience that benefits her clients.
Ms. Skipper is a graduate of the University of Georgia where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in advertising and graduated summa cum laude. At the University of Georgia School of Law, she obtained her Juris Doctor, and since 1997 has worked as a successful local government litigator and family law attorney.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution, General litigation, Government relations
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Arbitration, Mediation, Litigation
- 60% Family law
- 20% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Government relations
First Admitted: 1997, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.skipperlaw.com/About/Lani-G-Skipper.shtml
- Paulding County Sheriff's Office, 1997 - 2018
- Fairfield Plantation Property Owners Association, Inc., 2019
- Paulding County Board of Commissioners, 1997-2018
- Paulding County Tax Commissioner, 1997- 2018
- Various persons as clients in Domestic Relations cases, 1997-present
- Paulding County Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2017 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1999
- Association of Georgia County Commissioners, Member, 1997 - Present
- International Municipal Law Association, Member, 2004 - Present
- U.S. District Court, 1998
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1997
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- Paulding County Bar Association, 1997-present; former President
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1997
- Georgia, 1997
- Paulding County Associate Juvenile Court Judge, 2002-2015.
- Carroll County Bar Association, Member, 2015-present
- Women's Lawyers Association (WLSA), Member, 2015-present
- American Bar Association, Member
- Georgia Best Lawyers, 2017 - 2018
- Georgia Pro Bono project
- Georgia Super Lawyers
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, B.A. summa cum laude, Advertising
- Georgia Literacy Project, volunteer
- Central of Carroll Parent Teacher Organization, volunteer
- Chad's Bracket, Inc., attorney and volunteer
- Ga Mediator and Arbitrator, 2008- present
- Georgia Bar Association, 1997-present
Office location for Lani G. Skipper
100 W. Griffin St.
Dallas, GA 30132
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023