Eric M. Teusink
Top rated real estate attorney in Decatur, GeorgiaWilliams Teusink, LLC
Focusing his practice on real estate and other business transactions and litigation, Eric M. Teusink is one of the principal attorneys at Williams Teusink, LLC. Located in Decatur, Georgia, he provides representation to clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts, Mr. Teusink is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and he has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating for the quality of his work and his high degree of ethics.
The types of real estate litigation that Mr. Teusink has handled have included title disputes, foreclosure-related actions, commercial landlord-tenant matters and claims related to real estate contract interpretation. He has also advocated for community associations in homeowner litigation. In his business law practice, Mr.
Teusink has represented entrepreneurs who are starting new ventures, and at the outset, he advises them as to what the most beneficial form of legal entity would be. He thereafter prepares shareholder and operating agreements and works with them on corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance. Mr. Teusink's experience has also encompassed purchase and sale agreements, leases and business torts.
Mr. Teusink is a graduate of the University of Georgia, where he studied economics and political science and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2003. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Georgia State University College of Law in Atlanta, and he served as the vice president of its Moot Court Board and was a member of The Bleckley American Inn of Court before being awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude. In 2011, Mr. Teusink participated in LEAD Atlanta, which is a leadership development and community education program, and he has chaired the Run Before You Crawl 5K and Pub Crawl.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Business/corporate, Business litigation, Construction litigation: business, Land use/zoning, Legislative & governmental affairs
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 40% Real estate: business
- 20% Business/corporate
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% Land use/zoning
- 10% Legislative & governmental affairs
First Admitted: 2008, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://williamsteusink.com/attorneys/eric-teusink-atlanta-re...
- Georgia State College of Law Alumni Board and the Development Board of the UGA at Oxford Study Abroad Program.
- Past-President of the East Atlanta Business Association
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Federal Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- University of Georgia, B.A., Economics, Political Science, 2003
Office location for Eric M. Teusink
The High House
309 Sycamore Street
Decatur, GA 30030
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021
Find me online
- Williams Teusink partner David Metzger spoke with @11AliveNews about tenants' rights when it comes to burst pipes. https://t.co/ovZfdgdrqj
- We don't employ any attorneys barred in Arizona, but if we did, we would be taking Zack's case pro Bono. https://t.co/ocAVjBUt0W
- Yo, @NCAA, lemme hold something. https://t.co/GgpUepXhdS