Jennifer A. Kurle
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Decatur, GeorgiaKurle Justus, LLC
Attorney Jennifer A. Kurle is the founder of Kurle Justus, LLC, in Decatur, Georgia. Ms. Kurle practices personal injury law and represents clients throughout Georgia who have been injured due to catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence or other types of accidents. She also has experience with wrongful death matters.
Ms. Kurle holds a bachelor’s degree from Emory University and a master’s degree in public health from Rollins School of Public Health. She earned her law degree from Emory Law in Atlanta and has been admitted to practice law in Georgia since 2004.
Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Kurle spent more than a decade as a respiratory therapist in the health care field. Her health care knowledge and experience combined with her legal education and practice have resulted in a successful second career representing those who have been injured or suffered the death of a loved one due to the negligence of another.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Kurle has presented at events such as the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association’s 2014 annual convention. She has also written articles that have been featured in publications such as the Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
Because of her accomplishments, knowledge, and skill, Ms. Kurle has been named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers and one of Georgia’s “10 Best” in terms of client satisfaction by the American Institute of Legal Counsel. Additionally, she has been selected as a Georgia Super Lawyer for nine straight years.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.kurlelaw.com/about/attorney-jennifer-kurle
- Georgia, 2004
- Member, GTLA Verdict Editorial Board, 2014
- “HIPAA Privacy Rule and Public Health: Guidance from CDC and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, April 11, 2003
- “A Life Lost Too Young: Obtaining Justice for Ryan Conaway,” Verdict: The Journal of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Spring 2013
- Section Co-Chair, GTLA Annual Convention 2014, 2014
- “Dealing With the Admissibility of Non-Party Fault in Apportionment Cases,” GTLA Annual Convention, April 2014
- Rollins School of Public Health, Master of Science in Public Health, 2003
- Emory College, Bachelor of Arts, 1999
- Barbara S. Rudisill Award for Academic Achievement, 2003
- Recognized by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys as one of Georgia’s Ten Best for Client Satisfaction
- Member, National Trial Lawyers: Top 100
- Perfect 10.0 “Superb” rating with avvo.com
- Rated as a Georgia Super Lawyer in Medical Malpractice
- $3.2 million dollar verdict in the State Court of Cobb County. McCombs v. Kennestone Hospital, Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 14A2289-4. This case involved the wrongful death of 49 y/o Lorrie McCombs. Mrs. McCombs had been involved in an automobile accident and was hospitalized for her injuries. While in the hospital, she received multiple opioid pain medications, including Hydrocodone, Oxycontin, and Morphine by PCA. She was found in her room one afternoon in full cardiopulmonary arrest. Plaintiff alleged that Mrs. McCombs was not adequately monitored while receiving the opioid medications and that she suffered from respiratory arrest from the respiratory depressant effects of the opioids. The jury was out for less than five hours before returning its verdict., 2017
- $1,000,000 verdict in Walton County Superior Court against Walton EMC due to negligently marked road closure, resulting in major wreck with catastrophic injuries. Beall v. Walton EMC, Superior Court of Walton County, Civil Action No. 15-0048-1., 2017
Office location for Jennifer A. Kurle
One Decatur Town Center
150 E. Ponce de Leon Ave., Suite 225
Decatur, GA 30030
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2024