Robert N. Katz
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Decatur, GeorgiaKatz Wright & Fleming LLC
Attorney Robert N. Katz helps innocent accident victims and injured workers secure the compensation and benefits they need following a debilitating injury or devastating loss.
Having once served as a defense attorney for insurance companies, Mr. Katz has a unique insight into the tactics insurance providers use to deny claims or reduce the amount they will pay. Armed with this experience, he can devise more effective strategies to recover the maximum amount of compensation possible for his clients. Throughout most of his 35-year legal career, he has focused exclusively on personal injury and workers' compensation law, providing him with the skills and resources necessary to handle even the most complex cases.
After receiving his Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Georgia in 1984, Mr. Katz attended the University of Georgia School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor, cum laude, in 1987. The State Bar of Georgia admitted him to practice that same year, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
Fully committed to his practice, Mr. Katz once served as president for the DeKalb Bar Association, and he remains active in several other professional legal organizations, including the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Trial lawyers Association. An accomplished author, he has a number of publications to his credit on a variety of legal topics.
Dedicated to his community, he volunteers for MedShare Atlanta and the Atlanta Community Food Bank, and he once served as president for the Atlanta chapter of Families with Children from China. The recipient of several awards and honors for his service and professionalism, he holds a "Superb" rating from Avvo and an AV-Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1987, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.robertnkatz.com/about-us.html
- Rated 10/10, Avvo
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine
- Top 100 List, Georgia Super Lawyers 2014-22, Super Lawyers
- AV Rated Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Newsweek Leaders in Personal Injury Showcase
- Member, Top 100 Trial Lawyers Association
- Former President, DeKalb Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Former President, Families with Children from China, Atlanta Chapter
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- MedShare Atlanta
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., 1984
- Georgia Jurisdprudence, Author, False Arrest & False Imprisonment, Thomson West Publishing, 1995
- Author, Sexual Harassment in Employment and Education, The Verdict Magazine, 1989
- Author, History of the Georgia Bill of Rights, University of Georgia Law Review, 1987
- History of the Georgia Bill of Rights, Georgia Jurisprudence, West Publishing
- Sexual Harassment in Employment and Education, Georgia Jurisprudence, West Publishing
- $1,395,000 verdict for car accident victim in Fulton County State Court. Pre-trial Offer: $100,000., 2011
- Featured in Newsweek Magazine's Leader Showcase for Personal Injury and Premises Liability, 2012
Office location for Robert N. Katz
508 E Howard Ave
Decatur, GA 30030
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2024
Top ListsTop 100: Georgia Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers