Stephen M. Ozcomert
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Decatur, GA
Stephen M. Ozcomert has established himself as a top Georgia lawyer who serves the residents of the state with dedication to their legal needs. After graduating from The Emory University School of Law in 1991, he began working in the field of personal injury law with a focus on motor vehicle colisions, premises liability, wrongful death, medical malpractice, as well as legal malpractice. He also handles the following types of cases: tractor-trailer collisions, auto wrecks and injuries caused by dangerous products.
Mr. Ozcomert is admitted to practice at the trial and appellate level in both state and federal courts. He has demonstrated his strong legal abilities through numerous accolades from his clients and peers. Listed as a "Preeminent Lawyer of America," he has also earned the highest possible "AV" rating* in the Martindale-Hubbell attorney's listing. A Georgia Super Lawyer in the Plaintiff's Personal Injury category, he is also listed in Superlawyers "Top 100" in Georgia for 2016. He has been named to Georgia Trend Magazine's "Legal Elite" for the past four years in a row and is AVVO rated "Superb". He is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association (top 100 rated trial lawyers in GA). He has served as the vice president of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association from 1998 to 2013. He has also served on the Board of Trustees for the General Practice and Trial section of the State Bar of Georgia, and formerly served as the chair of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association. Mr. Ozcomert is a sought-after speaker in the field of trial law and personal injury. He has lectured at education programs. In addition, he has published articles for the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association. He is committed to advancing his education through attending legal seminars.
Mr. Ozcomert's experience in the field of personal injury is evidenced through the many successful victories he has achieved in trials. Mr. Ozcomert is a veteran of more than seventy personal injury jury trials as Plaintiff's counsel. Four of his top cases include a $3.83 million result in an orthopedic injury car wreck, a $3 million result in a wrongful death medical malpractice case, $1.9 million in a personal injury case with orthopedic injuries, a $1.75 million award in a CRPS (RSD) case, and several other personal injury cases of more than $1 million each. He has fought for the rights of numerous other accident and injury clients seeking the just compensation they deserve.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2010, 2013 - 2022
About Stephen M. Ozcomert
First Admitted: 1991, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.atlantapersonalinjurylawyer.pro/stephen-m-ozcomer...
- Member, Board of Trustees of the General Practice and Trial Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- Former Chair, Solo practice and small firm committee of the Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association
- Vice President, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, 1998 - present
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Board of Trustees, General Practice and Trial Section, State Bar of Georgia, 2005
- Kenyon College, B.A., 1988
- The Emory University School of Law, Doctor of Law, 1991
- Highest Legal ability and Ethical Standards. Also listed in Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers since 2000., A/V Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2003
- Named to the Georgia Trend Magazine's "Legal Elite" in the personal injury category., Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite, 2012
- Membership in National Trial Lawyers Association is limited to "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in each State, American Association for Justice, 2010
- Named to the "Top 100" list of Georgia Superlawyers for 2016 out of some 47,000 members of the State Bar of Georgia., Super Lawyers Georgia Top 100, superlawyers.com, 2016
- Listed in the "Preeminent Lawyers of America"
- Named to the Georgia Trend Magazine's "Legal Elite" in the personal injury category.,, Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite, 2015
- Author, Handling Uninsured Motorist Claims, State Bar of GA, General Practice and Trial Section, 2008
- Lecturer at numerous Trial Lawyer Education programs on Trial Techniques and how to handle Personal Injury cases
- $1 Million (policy limits) to a man with bilateral wrist fractures and surgery and his two children who had soft tissue injuries., 2018
- $3,000,000 to the surviving spouse in a wrongful death/medical malpractice case
- $1,050,597 to a woman who was injured in a head on collision and required a 3 level neck fusion operation
- $1,080,000 for a husband and wife with orthopedic injuries following a motor vehicle collision., 2009
- $1,100,000 to a woman who was injured by a bread truck overturning and causing her to have multiple back surgeries
- $1,560,000 to two motor vehicle wreck vicims of a drunk driver who caused serious personal injury and a death in a 17 vehicle collision., 2013
- $3.83 Million to a woman injured in car wreck with significant othopedic injuries., 2017
- $1,900,000 to a man run over by a bus who sustained serious crush injuries to his legs
- $1,750,000 dollars to a victim of simple negligence of medical personnel resulting in a foot injury that developed into Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) also known as RSD., 2015
- New: Unarmed Man Shot and Tasered To Death by Police Results in Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- New: Construction zones are dangerous for drivers http://t.co/zKljnulB
- New: Sewer Truck Hits and Kills Elderly Man In His Own Yard http://t.co/XxHKzGoY
- New: Sports Bikes Are More Often Involved In Motorcycle Accidents http://t.co/D8e0Wl8y
- New: Collapsing Slide Kills Man, Resulting In Wrongful Death Lawsuit http://t.co/ehMlP4ch
Last Updated: 5/15/2022