Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Decatur, GeorgiaLegare, Attwood & Wolfe, LLC
With over 16 years of experience practicing law, Steven Wolfe is a partner at Legare, Attwood & Wolfe, LLC, located in Decatur, Georgia. Fighting for the rights of those who have been subject to all kinds of injustices at work, he deals with cases involving discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, whistleblower, family and medical leave matters and more.
Diligent and professional, Mr. Wolfe focuses on helping employees stand up and fight for their rights and liberties when they are being oppressed by their employers. He understands the psychological and financial effects of employment law matters, and he zealously advocates for his clients and their needs. Additionally, he has obtained several successful verdicts on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Wolfe received his bachelor’s degree in political science and government from Boston University and then went on to pursue law, earning his Juris Doctor from the Emory University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, and Georgia’s trial, Appeals and Supreme Courts.
Actively affiliated with prominent legal associations, Mr. Wolfe has memberships in the Atlanta Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta.
Recognized for his remarkable work in the employment law field, Mr. Wolfe has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and was named to the On the Rise list of the top attorneys under 40 by the Daily Report. He formerly served as the president of Georgia’s National Employment Lawyers Association.
Mr. Wolfe was on a panel that dealt with revisions to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit’s jury charges for employment law cases, which resulted in the jury instructions currently used in courts in Georgia, Alabama and Florida.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 50% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://law-llc.com/attorney/steven-e-wolfe/
- Mr. Wolfe is a past President and Board Member of the National Employment Lawyers' Association's Georgia affiliate. He is a board member of the Atlanta Bar Association's Labor & Employment Section. In 2010, Mr. Wolfe served on a committee of attorneys responsible for making proposed revisions to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals' pattern jury instructions for employment discrimination cases. He has also spoken at, and organized, continuing legal education seminars on a number of issues including overtime laws and trial tactics.
- B.A., political science. Boston University, 2002.
- Mr. Wolfe successfully argued before the Georgia Supreme Court and obtained an order reversing, on due process grounds, a trial court's injunction against four City of Atlanta Firefighters. , 2013
- Connelly v. MARTA. $500,000 jury verdict for client who was fired after complaining about race discrimination plus additional confidential settlement for attorneys' fees. , 2014
- Roger Pattee v. Georgia Ports Authority. Mr. Wolfe, along with co-counsel, reached a $495,000 non-confidential settlement prior to trial on behalf of their client, who brought claims alleging he had been terminated in retaliation for reporting security vulnerabilities at the Port of Savannah.
- Sherri Bass Howell v. Greyhound Lines, Inc. Mr. Wolfe and Edward D. Buckley secured a confidential settlement shortly before trial on behalf of their client, who brought claims alleging she had been ejected from a bus because of her race.
- Oliveira v. City of Atlanta, et al. My partner, Eleanor Attwood and I tried this sexual harassment and retaliation case to a $1.2M verdict in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia., 2017
- Bailey v. Patel, et al. Mr. Wolfe was second-chair in this malicious prosecution case, in which he and his trial partner, William J. Atkins, secured a $350,000 verdict on behalf of their client. The verdict was one of the largest single-plaintiff verdicts in Rockdale County, Georgia's history.
- On the Rise, Fulton County Daily Report, 2015
- Steve Wolfe was designated by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in their 2011, 2012 and 2013 lists. He has been included in Georgia's Super Lawyer rankings every year since 2014., Rated by Super Lawyers, superlawyers.com
Office location for Steven Wolfe
125 Clairemont Ave
Decatur, GA 30030
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2013