Top rated tax attorney in Douglasville, GeorgiaThe Wilson Firm, LLC
David A. Wilson is the managing attorney and founder of The Wilson Firm, LLC, and represents his clients through the firm’s office in Douglasville, in the state of Georgia. Practicing law primarily with the vision to guide businesses and entrepreneurs through legal processes, he assists his clients with legal issues involving the following:
- Business and corporate law
- Taxation law
- Contract law
- Intellectual property law
- Sports law
- Tax-exempt law
Mr. Wilson has been authorized to practice law in the state since 2016, and works closely with entrepreneurs, investors, athletes and philanthropists advising them on a variety of matters, including choice of business entity, business formation, tax disputes, real estate transactions, contractor agreements, drafting corporate agreements and mergers and acquisitions. He courteously represents his clients in courts, such as the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
An alumnus of Albany State University, Mr. Wilson received his bachelor’s degree in 2004, and later his master’s degree in sports administration from Georgia State University in 2010. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School and his Master of Laws degree in taxation from the Boston University School of Law.
With a deep understanding of both business and tax law, Mr. Wilson helps his clients understand the legal landscape and make informed decisions to protect their rights. Mr. Wilson understands the importance of timely tax planning and actively works with his clients to anticipate their business needs and develop strategies to address them.
Mr. Wilson is a member of several organizations, including the State Bar of Georgia, the Douglas County Chamber of Commerce and the Lawyers for Equal Justice. He also acts as a part-time professor at his alma mater, Georgia State University.
Practice areasTax: business, Business/corporate, Entertainment & sports, Intellectual property, Mergers & acquisitions, Nonprofit organizations
Tax law, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations, Entertainment, sports & leisure law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual property law, Non-profit & tax-exempt organizations
- 30% Tax: business
- 30% Business/corporate
- 10% Entertainment & sports
- 10% Intellectual property
- 10% Mergers & acquisitions
- 10% Nonprofit organizations
First Admitted: 2016, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.wilsonfirmatlanta.com/attorney/wilson-david-a/
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, LL.M.
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, M.S.
- Albany State University, Albany, Georgia, B.A.
- Nonprofit Section of the State Bar of Georgia, Executive Committee, 2020 to 2021
- Lawyers For Equal Justice, 2018
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Leadership Douglas, 2020
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 2016 to Present
- Douglas County Chamber of Commerce, Member, 2019 to Present
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. Tax Court
- LL.M. in Taxation - Boston University School of Law, 2017
Office location for David Wilson
12461 Veterans Memorial Hwy
Douglasville, GA 30134
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023