Newton M. Galloway
Top rated utilities attorney in Griffin, GeorgiaGalloway & Lyndall, LLP
Newton M. Galloway is a partner at Galloway & Lyndall, LLP, located in Griffin, Georgia, in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Armed with more than three decades of experience spanning multiple practice areas, Mr. Galloway currently concentrates his practice on land use and zoning law, general commercial litigation and legal matters involving regulated utilities such as electric energy, natural gas and telecommunications. His telecommunications practice in particular stretches back to the late 1980s, when a client retained the firm for representation in regulatory matters before the state's Public Service Commission.
After earning his undergraduate degree with high honors from Mercer University in 1978, Mr. Galloway went on to attend Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, where he was selected for the Moot Court Board and was a member of the Mercer Law Review in addition to holding multiple clerkships. After he obtained his J.D. in 1981, he secured a position at an Atlanta firm, gaining substantial litigation experience defending personal injury, construction damage and property damage claims.
A registered lobbyist on behalf of many of the firm's regulatory clients, Mr. Galloway is admitted to practice in Georgia and before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. Respected as an authority in his practice area, he was invited by the Atlanta Regional Commission to attend its Regional Leadership Institute in 2012, and he has delivered talks at continuing legal education seminars on diverse topics such as zoning ordinances and the legal consequences of certain blasting techniques. Outside his practice, Mr. Galloway serves as the president of the Griffin Area Arts Alliance and is the chairman of the Griffin-Spalding County Land Bank Authority.
Practice areasUtilities, Energy & natural resources, Government relations, Land use/zoning, State, local & municipal
Energy law, Natural resources law
- 20% Utilities
- 20% Energy & natural resources
- 20% Government relations
- 20% Land use/zoning
- 20% State, local & municipal
First Admitted: 1981, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://staging.gallyn-law.com/team/newton-m-galloway/
- Moot Court Board, Mercer University
- Certified arbitrator for Arbitration Forums
- Mercer Law Review, Mercer University
- Named a Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine, 2010
- "Certain Standards and Defenses for Safety Inspection Liability Cases,: OSHA News Digest, Vol. 3, No. 8 (August, 1987)
- "Interrelation of the Comprehensive Plan and Other Ordinances with Zoning," Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia, Zoning Law Seminar, October 31, 2003.
- Comment, An Analysis of the Georgia Live-In Lover Law, 32 Mercer L. Rev. 375-392.
- "Legal Ramifications of Blasting Operations," Symposium with Georgia Tech Research Institute: Effective Explosive and Blasting Techniques, June, 1986.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Griffin Circuit Bar Association
- Griffin Area Arts Alliance, President
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Federal Communications Bar Assocation
- Board of the Williamson Learning Center, Chairman
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Spalding County Bar Association
- Griffin-Spalding County Land Bank Authority, Chairman
- B.A., magna cum laude, Mercer University, 1978
Office location for Newton M. Galloway
406 North Hill Street
Griffin, GA 30223
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2013, 2019 - 2023