Billy N. Jones
Top rated personal injury attorney in Hinesville, GeorgiaJones, Osteen & Jones
Practice Areas: Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 1972
Education: Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law
Jones, Osteen & Jones608 East Oglethorpe Hwy
PO Box 800
Hinesville, GA 31313 Visit website
Attorney Billy N. Jones is a partner with the Jones Osteen Jones law firm in Hinesville, Georgia. A top-rated trial lawyer with over 46 years of experience, Mr. Jones devotes his practice to helping those who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence obtain the full amount of compensation they deserve.
Serving clients throughout Liberty County, the greater Savannah metro region and all of northeastern Georgia, Mr. Jones has achieved unprecedented success advocating on behalf of those in need. Handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, he has helped recover millions of dollars in settlements and awards, earning his reputation as one of the leading trial advocates in the region.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Jones holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and The Best Lawyers in America voted him “Lawyer of the Year, Savannah” in 2018 for Personal Injury Litigation — Plaintiffs. He also received the Tradition of Excellence Award from the State Bar of Georgia in 2003, and he is a fellow with the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Society of Barristers and the Georgia Bar Foundation.
A 1969 graduate of Georgia Southern University, Mr. Jones obtained his Juris Doctor from Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law in 1972 and his license to practice from the State Bar of Georgia that same year. While in law school, he contributed to the Mercer Law Review, publishing an article entitled “The Right of Confrontation.”
Fully committed to his practice, he is actively involved in many local, state and national bar associations. He has served in a number of leaderships roles with the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, including serving as its president from 1999-2000. In addition, he also served as president of the Georgia chapter of the American College of Trial Lawyers along with his numerous other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of Woodward/White, Inc. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of Woodward/White, Inc.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Wrongful death, Personal injury - defense
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1972, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.jojlaw.com/our-firm/billy-n-jones/
- Fellow: Georgia Bar Foundation
- Fellow: International Society of Barristers
- Recipient: Tradition of Excellence Award, 2003
- Client and Peer Rated: AV: 5 out of 5, Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow: American College of Trial Lawyers, 1994 to present
- Selected: The Best Lawyers in America, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Selected: Georgia Super Lawyers, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
- The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Personal Injury Litigation- Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year, Savannah”
- tradition of excellence award plaintiff, state bar of georgia
- Mercer Law Review, 1971-1972; Author, “The Right of Confrontation,” Mercer Law Review, Vol. 22, No. 3. Phi Delta Phi.
- American Bar Association. Atlantic Judicial Circuit Bar Association.
- State Bar of Georgia, Board of Governors, 1977-1994
- American College of Trial Lawyers The Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- Chairman, Continuing Legal Education American Board of Trial Lawyers, Georgia Chapter: President, 1996; Vice President, 1995.
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: Vice President, 1991-1994
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: Treasurer, 1995
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: Secretary, 1996
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association: President, 1999-2000
- Georgia, 1972
- American College of Trial Lawyers, 1994
- Georgia Southern College, A.B., 1969
Office location for Billy N. Jones
608 East Oglethorpe Hwy
PO Box 800
Hinesville, GA 31313
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023